19th April 2015, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in NET to study PhD in IIT-Madras if completed M.Sc(Chemistry)? Eligibility to get admission?

Hello friends,
I have done M.Sc in Chemistry with 54% and I want to do PhD from IIT-Madras. Can I know the eligibility criteria? Is only NET qualified can get admission in IIT for PhD? Please provide me the information.

22nd April 2015, 07:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in NET to study PhD in IIT-Madras if completed M.Sc(Chemistry)? Eligibility to get admission?

For admission in IIT for your Ph.D program you must have score like GATE/NET/JRF/SLET. If you have any of these scores then you have good chance of getting admission because most of the Central Government Institutes/Universities prefer candidates with these scores for Ph.D admission.

You have got 54% marks in M.Sc which doesn't meet with most of these exams and for Ph.D admission also 55% marks in essential in India. Therefore, you can only apply for Ph.D admission if you belong to reserved category after getting 5% relaxation in marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?