24th January 2022, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to do M.Phil first to study PhD(Philosophy) further after M.A.?

I have completed my M.A. in Philosophy and want to study PhD in Philosophy. Therefore, I want to know that can I study PhD or will I have to do M.Phil first?

25th January 2022, 06:36 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Should I have to do M.Phil first to study PhD(Philosophy) further after M.A.?

Should I have to do M.Phil first to study Ph.D. (Philosophy) further after M.A.?

M.Phil is not mandatory to get an admission Ph.D. (Philosophy).

The candidate should have a masters' degree in the same subject to pursue the Ph.D. (Philosophy) in India. Admission is given on the basis of various entrance tests or the test of the particular college. The duration is two to five years.

Course Fee: INR 50,000 - 5 LPA.
25th January 2022, 11:42 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to do M.Phil first to study PhD(Philosophy) further after M.A.?

M.phil for PhD is not mandatory.
Although there are some benefits of doing m.phil, in many Universities candidate gets direct admission on the basis of m.phil.
They are exempted from entrance exam.

They they need to have Masters degree in relevant subject from a recognised board to get eligible for PhD.
If they have cleared
UGC
NET
CSIR
MPhil
Then they are exempted from entrance exam and directly appear for interview.
26th January 2022, 04:15 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, The minimum eligibility to pursue PHD Philosophy is to have a Master's Degree. in Philosophy or Literature study or anM. Phil Degree. Students can gain admission to PHD Philosophy in India on the basis of entrance exams such as CSIR UGC NET, UGC-NET, JNUEE, etc.
26th January 2022, 09:03 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The minimum requirement to study PhD in Philosophy is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree such as MA in Philosophy or MPhil degree from a recognized university. To study PhD you must clear the entrance examination with good scores to get admission.
27th January 2022, 01:01 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Should I have to do M.Phil first to study PhD(Philosophy) further after M.A.?

To do MPhil ,you must have a Post graduate degree in a related field with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

The duration of this course is 2 years.

And also you have to appear in the entrance exam called GATE, CUCET etc ....
27th January 2022, 04:28 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Should I have to do M.Phil first to study PhD(Philosophy) further after M.A.?

No, it is not required to do M.Phil after your post graduation course to get admission PhD. The candidate can get direct admission to PhD after a post graduation. The duration of the course is 2 to 5 years.
30th January 2022, 06:08 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Both the degrees are not required to pursue PhD.
If you have completed M.A in Philosophy having 55% marks in aggregate then you are eligible to pursue PhD in Philosophy.
It is not compulsory to complete M.Phil to take admission in PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?