25th October 2018, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Steps to join PhD in Food Technology for BSc student?

Hello, I am studying in BSc with Food Technology. I have already planned about my future. In future I want to do research on Food Technology. So, for this I want to join PhD course in Food Technology. So, from now you help me to show the path for achieving my aim. Kindly tell me the steps.

30th October 2018, 05:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join PhD in Food Technology for BSc student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying in BSc with Food Technology. I have already planned about my future. In future I want to do research on Food Technology. So, for this I want to join PhD course in Food Technology. So, from now you help me to show the path for achieving my aim. Kindly tell me the steps.

The BSc student has to study a master’s degree in food science & technology and then pursue a PhD in Food Technology. Candidates with a master’s degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks are eligible to study PhD in Food Technology. They have to appear for the PhD entrance test and interview for the admission to study PhD in Food Technology. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/MPhil are exempt from the entrance examination. Interested candidates can contact the university Food Science Department for more details.
31st October 2018, 08:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join PhD in Food Technology for BSc student?

PhD in food technology is a doctorate level course in food technology and science, the minimum duration of which is 3 years and maximum would be 6 years.
The minimum eligibility criteria is qualifying in Master's degree in food technology of food science along with passing The Bachelors Degree of 4 years with a minimum aggregate of 70% and above from a recognised University.

Top universities:

Amity Institute of Food Technology, Uttar Pradesh

Jadavpur University of West Bengal

Punjab Agricultural University, Punjab
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?