9th April 2023, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Is there any option in educational field as a professor or lecturer?

Hello my name is Shabeena,i have done a B.sc in home science with specialization in Interior Design and Masters in Interior Design.Please tell me if there is any scope for me as a lecturer or professor in same or any other field.What else qualification is needed to become a teacher or lecturer in same field.Kindly mail me the reply at [email protected]
thank you

15th April 2023, 12:09 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any option in educational field as a professor or lecturer?

Yes, there are options in the educational field to become a professor or lecturer even if you have completed a B.Sc. in Home Science.

To become a professor, typically a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in a specific field is required, along with significant research and teaching experience. If you wish to become a professor in Home Science, you would need to pursue a Ph.D. in Home Science or a related field, such as Nutrition, Textile Science, or Child Development. After completing your Ph.D., you would typically apply for teaching positions at universities or colleges.

To become a lecturer, typically a master's degree in a specific field is required, along with teaching experience or a significant record of professional achievement. If you wish to become a lecturer in Home Science, you could pursue a Master's degree in Home Science or a related field. After completing your master's degree, you could apply for teaching positions at universities, colleges, or community colleges.
15th April 2023, 02:40 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any option in educational field as a professor or lecturer?

For those wanting to remain in academia and add to the existing body of knowledge through research, becoming a professor is obviously a better choice.
15th April 2023, 11:07 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, there are several options in the educational field for those interested in becoming a professor or lecturer. Here are a few paths you can consider:

1. Bachelor's degree: To become a professor or lecturer in most countries, you would typically need to have a bachelor's degree in the relevant subject area. However, some universities may require you to have a master's or doctoral degree.

2. Master's degree: Some universities may require you to have a master's degree in the relevant subject area to be eligible for a teaching position. A master's degree may also improve your chances of getting hired and can help you advance in your career.

3. Doctoral degree: To become a professor in most universities, you would typically need to have a doctoral degree in the relevant subject area. A doctoral degree is a research-focused degree and can take several years to complete.

4. Teaching experience: To become a professor or lecturer, it's important to gain teaching experience. This can include working as a teaching assistant or adjunct instructor at a university, or teaching at a high school or community college.

5. Networking: Networking can be an important part of finding a teaching position. Attend conferences, join professional associations, and connect with other professionals in your field.

6. Job search: Once you have the necessary qualifications and experience, start searching for teaching positions at universities, colleges, or other educational institutions. Check job postings on university websites, job boards, and other online resources.

7. Continuing education: To maintain your position as a professor or lecturer, you may need to continue your education by attending conferences, workshops, and other professional development opportunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?