16th June 2015, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility test followed for doing Ph.D after completion of M.Tech coruse?

hi frnd

I finished my mtech (ece-vlsi) in and through gate only,can any body tel d way to approch the phd like wt is eligibility test ? I am not sure what all things I need to do for doing the Ph.D course. So, can someone please explain me in detail? and stipend ?

16th June 2015, 07:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility test followed for doing Ph.D after completion of M.Tech coruse?

You have got GATE qualification along with M.Tech qualification and you can surely apply for Ph.D admission without any doubt. Just keep yourself update for various Ph.D admission notification in your stream and apply accordingly in the prescribed format. Normally, those who have NET/GATE/SLET/JRF qualification are exempted from any other entrance exam for admission.

You can apply on the basis of your GATE qualification and you have to appear for direct interview which is conducted by the University/Institute. If you perform well then you will get admission without any doubt. You have to research on a unique topic and prepare your thesis on the basis of your work.
16th June 2015, 08:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility test followed for doing Ph.D after completion of M.Tech coruse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi frnd

I finished my mtech (ece-vlsi) in and through gate only,can any body tel d way to approch the phd like wt is eligibility test ? I am not sure what all things I need to do for doing the Ph.D course. So, can someone please explain me in detail? and stipend ?
You have completed M.Tech in ECE(VLSI) so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.

But you must have qualify in GATE or UGC NET or CSIR NET exam. You can get stipend during your Ph.D course.
17th June 2015, 02:16 PM
rocksabhijeet
Member+

Hi.....,

Do not get upset , you already have completed the M.tec Course.
Now you can apply for the Phd in appropriate field.

Make sure that ----->
* Do not miss the JRF entrance selection for Phd.
* Always keep yourself updated with current affairs.
* In private universities they have there own entrance exams.
* Do not gap after completion of Mtec for Phd entrance.
* Also try to qualify the CSIR net entrance exam.
Kindly have view over the link for detailed information.
http://www.iitm.ac.in/research/doku....ch:eligibility

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?