9th April 2023, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after 12th science to be a lecturer at a university or college?

I have completed my 12th PCM with 71%. Before it i passed 10th with 89% marks. I want to be a chemistry lecturer in future at a well known university or college. But i don't know what should i do after 2 to be a lecturer.So please help me.

13th April 2023, 02:26 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after 12th science to be a lecturer at a university or college?

To be an Assistant Professor (formerly known as a lecturer), you are required to qualify UGC NET/CSIR NET in the relevant paper.

Further, for appearing in the above examinations, you are required to have completed your Master's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university and must have managed at least 55% marks in the qualifying degree. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates.

So, being a Class 12th passed out, in order to become a lecturer of Chemistry you are first required to complete B.Sc. followed by M.Sc. in Chemistry with the minimum aggregate as mentioned above. Also, as you are interested to become a lecturer of Science discipline you will required to qualify CSIR-UGC NET for becoming an assistant professor.
13th April 2023, 02:51 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after 12th science to be a lecturer at a university or college?

After completing your class 12 you must have completed your graduate degree with a minimum of 55% of marks from any recognized university. After that, you need to earn your post-graduate degree or master's degree with a grade of at least*55% from an accredited university.
After that, you have to sit for the UGC NET exam and qualify for the exam to apply for lecturer positions at prestigious universities around the nation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?