21st October 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Where to apply for PhD in Computational Linguistics? Eligibility and entrance exams for it?

I am studying M.Tech in Computer Science and after it want to do PhD in Computational Linguistics. So, tell me where to apply for it? Eligibility and entrance exams for it?

Related Questions:
  1. When can I pursue PhD or Matters in Linguistics? Is there any entrance exam for the same?
  2. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Linguistics in India and abroad?
  3. Can I change subject for appearing in NET?
  4. How to study MA in Linguistics and then PhD from France?
  5. List of universities which offer PhD in Linguistics with Scholarship?
  6. Can I apply for PhD entrance exams being an M.A. 2nd year student? Entrance exams to study PhD(History) in India?
  7. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  8. Do we have to study to get through the entrance of masters in Linguistics in DU and JNU? Syllabus of the exam?
  9. Where to apply for PhD in Computational Star and Planet Formation Group?
  10. Availability of PhD in Pharmaceutical Technology and procedure to apply for same? List of entrance exam for PhD?
  11. Admission criteria for MA in Linguistics in JNU? Other UGC recognized Universities for MA in Linguistics?
  12. What is the eligibility for M.A Linguistics after BDS?
  13. How can I study Ph.D in Arabic Linguistics?
  14. Entrance exams to study PhD in English in India? Syllabus and requirements to apply?
  15. Universities for PhD in English Literature or Linguistics after M.A. in English -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Detailed information, registration procedure and pattern of JEST?
  17. Entrance exams available to study Master in Computational Science and Engineering in UMEA University? -- [New]
  18. Can I apply to study PhD in Nutrition being a Health Science postgraduate? Entrance exams to get admission?
24th October 2017, 11:03 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Where to apply for PhD in Computational Linguistics? Eligibility and entrance exams for it?

If you want to do Ph.D in computational linguistics after completing M.Tech in computer science, then you can apply in below mentioned institute:-

Institute Offer Ph.D in Computational Linguistics:-
[*] International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad

Eligibility Condition:- Minimum qualification required to apply for Ph.D computational linguistics is ME/M.Tech/MCA or post graduate degree in maths, science from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

-Minimum duration of Ph.D computational linguistics is 3 years and maximum duration is 6 years.

- To get admission in above mentioned institute for Ph.D in computational linguistics course you must have to appear in entrance test followed by interview.

- After having Ph.D computational linguistics you can apply for job in areas like IT companies, Banking sector, Data entry centres, Administration jobs, Linguistic and speech centres etc.
24th October 2017, 11:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Where to apply for PhD in Computational Linguistics? Eligibility and entrance exams for it?

Below are the list of colleges where you can apply for PhD in Computational Linguistics course:
>International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
Address: Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032
Phone: 040 6653 1000
>International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
Address: 26/C,, Hosur Rd, Electronics City Phase 1, Electronic City, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100
Phone: 080 4140 7777

Those candidates who have completed master's degree in Computer Science or in the relevant field from a recognized university with minimum of 55% of marks in it can apply for Ph.D course in Computational Linguistics. You must have to qualify in the NET examination to get admission to study Ph.D course.
25th October 2017, 03:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

List of colleges offering PhD in Computational Linguistics course:

International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
Address: 26/C,, Hosur Rd, Electronics City Phase 1, Electronic City, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100
Phone: 080 4140 7777

International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
Address: Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032
Phone: 040 6653 1000

Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Computer Science or in the relevant field from a recognized university scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to do Ph.D course in Computational Linguistics.
Candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination to study Ph.D course in the above mentioned Institutes.
25th October 2017, 08:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is only one institute that offers this PhD in Computational Linguistics course. The college that offers this course are given below.

>> Name of the Organization - International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Hyderabad)

Ph. No: 040 6653 1000

Address: Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana-500032

IIIT Hyderabad conducts its own entrance examination for getting admission into this doctoral program.

Hence I suggest you to contact upon the above mentioned number for more details and appear in the entrance examination that is conducted to pursue this PhD in Computational Linguistics course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?