View Poll Results: Govt. Job vs. Private Sector Job

Government Job 383 77.06%
Private Sector Job 114 22.94%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

22nd May 2010, 12:47 AM
tvscity

Default Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

dear friends,
i think Government job is better than private job ,not only because of its job security but also in many terms.Like in private sector you have to do jobs more than 8 hours with no job security, in some case the jobs may become boring for some perticular kind of student , but in government job most of the job are enjoyed by yhe staffs , and there is almost no chance to lose your job..

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Best option between government job and private job?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  6. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  7. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  8. Where should I opt for job among Government and Private Sectors after completion of B.Sc(Sericulture)? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  9. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  10. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  11. Which sector is better for government job or private job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after scoring 72% in B.E? What is the available scope in private sector?
  13. Should I prepare for government job or take of freshers job in private sector?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  16. Jobs available in Karnataka for Biotechnology Engineers?
  17. What are the career options after LLB?
  18. Job opportunities in Private/Government sector for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
27th May 2010, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

GOVT JOB AS WELL AS PRIVATE BOTH R GOOD .IT DEPENDS UPON PERSON INTEREST
IN GOVT JOB U BECOME A WHALE OF A POND.
IN PRIVATE U BECOME A WHALE OF SEA.
IT COMPLETELY DEPENDS UPON U.BUT YA
BETTER IS IF U BECOME ENTERPRENEUR AND PROVIDE JOBS TO OTHERS
1st June 2010, 12:56 AM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

I agree that govt jobs are secure and not that much stressfull, but if you are a competition freak, private job is the best one to show everyone what you are made up of
1st June 2010, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

i have done btech in mechaical engineering.i got job in india post in clerical cadre which is underqualified job.i was working in mnc company before.i joined in the gov job.but i didnt like the monotonous work there.i decided to resign and go back to software side.wat wuld u ppl suggest
1st June 2010, 01:17 PM
swathi durga

government jobs are more secure. government should offer still more jobs in all fields.
1st June 2010, 01:47 PM
psmita17

government jobs are quite secure and provide a lots of facilities but If you want to expose your talent and skills and want to make independent decissions you must go for a private sector jobs.....
1st June 2010, 02:51 PM
nimit_jain

it depends on you....

if you want to have a comfortable life with regular income and specially for married women who also have the household responsibilities....govt job is good

but people want to go high with time and earn a lot of money,private sector is a must.

nimit jain
1st June 2010, 03:54 PM
seemu.soni

[QUOTE=Admin;5134]Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?[/Q

Ofcourse i will prefere goverment job because its secure in comparitavely to private job
1st June 2010, 05:50 PM
nikita_gigi

Smile Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

hi everyone
Its my first rply.well regarding my opinion i think although private jobs are not that secure and have to work for more than 8 hours but the quality of the government jobs are well known by everyone and top of it there is very less scope for improvement in performance.on the other hand burden of private jobs and insecurity can not be neglected.Hence both government and private jobs both have to work on their weaker part.
thank you
1st June 2010, 11:44 PM
ankit1555

If you are just before money.money comes before your health your family then private job is the job for you.....
2nd June 2010, 01:05 PM
AnkitV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?
I will prefer Gov. job as
1. Through which we can help our government.
2. Secure job.
3. Contribution in growing India n many more
2nd June 2010, 02:46 PM

I think govt. jobs are good and secure but in private job we have no secure in money matter private jobs are best
2nd June 2010, 05:12 PM
chalasani.chaitanya

Now a days it is not possible to get govt job for every person. And its not the matter of which job "If u r really willing to show ur skills"
3rd June 2010, 05:37 PM
Bharti Rana

Afetr 2009 recession and 6th Pay commission, I think these days Govt jobs are more preffered than Private jobs. But for those who want to learn new things, Private sector is the best & Govt. sector is for those who want clam, peace, job security and think now no more headace and no more learning..
8th June 2010, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

i have just 21 and 65,000 salary in private company
In 30 that will be almost 6.5 lacs

how to get these salary in govt jobs?

in a pass out b-tech batch, guys are 27000
govt vacancy is only 7000
private vacancy is 27000X10

if you are a skilled worker u can n-joy life with private job

guys with brain are in private sector otherways nobody (with out brain) can get govt jobs

9th June 2010, 12:45 PM
rajat7734

govt & GOVT ONLY better.there is nothing to say..failure may take the private sector..
9th June 2010, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

gov jobs are better bcauz there is less tension in comarison to private jobs.
11th June 2010, 04:23 PM

What you think goverment job is more secure than the private job...
Goverment job is the right place for the tension free job..
13th June 2010, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

if u want to earn the money 2 fullfill ur dreams ..................... than u can join the private sector .......and make the challenging career ......, high groth rate................. compare 2 the goverment job...........
14th June 2010, 05:46 PM
mcnaidu

nice que. if u want more salary take private job, ofcourse depends on ur abilities. otherwise take govt job to enjoy ur life. but after retierment.......? think..........!
15th June 2010, 02:34 PM
santosh madankar

Quote:
definately a government job. I know its a matter of securing ur job for a life and that provide a proud feeling in the society but beyond this the government sector is more corrupted and lazy as compared to the private sector and needs to be repair by the good peoples. while in other hand private sector have almost many effecient employes which are working honestly at their best.
15th June 2010, 10:01 PM
raghav*

Government jobs are more safe n secure.
so the are best.
16th June 2010, 12:38 PM
Mridul Dhawan

yaa,, as to concern to the security, govt. job is superb.... any man who got govt. job get a very good feeling in him/her,,, govt. job not only secure him/her but also his/her family.....
16th June 2010, 01:59 PM
aikurien

i thnk goverment jobs are better even though u don't receive much salary.... in private companies u may get much better salary but u can't depend on it all the time coz any time ur job can go .but in government jobs u get pension after ur retirement and makes ur life much more secure and in any case if any one passes away by accident or some cause ,his or her family members can join instead.... so i feel government jobs are much better...
16th June 2010, 02:24 PM
Vinayak.gadad

I think private job Is better, because in government job we get full requirement and all the facilities but in private job we can do our best n can take rest also anytime. we can prove ourself that we can also stand on our own n can be independent.
16th June 2010, 10:16 PM
ankita sehrawat

Thumbs up Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Quote:
government job is best as it is a secured job and you are tension free about your future .you will get salary for sure at the end of the month which is not the case with the private sector jobs .for example satyam company when ramalingam got arrested expelled most of its employees which is unfair on the part of the company to do.i personally feel government sector job is the best viable option now a days of cut throat competition.
thankyou
16th June 2010, 10:36 PM
santu_nitc

as iam a student b.tech 1 st year
government jobs are safer so every one is joining but they have to do the same work with their potential as they do in private sector . i prefer govt sector to serve public.private sectors will not help to the poor of this poorest country to do a better serve i choose public sector
thinking you
16th June 2010, 10:39 PM
santu_nitc

hi
i prefer govt job to serve poor of this poorest country which i cont do through private sectors and also it is safer and we feel proud
17th June 2010, 01:49 PM
ARWAZ

Thumbs up Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Obviously the govt. jobs are better than the private sector jobs.The govt. jobs are more stable and efficient.They give a life long source of income even after retirement in the form of pensions as well as other plans run by the government-life insurance plans,banking loan plans with low interest rates,additional payment like D.A.,H.R.A.etc...
17th June 2010, 02:17 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

government job is best.......

because:-
no tension
limited duty
facilities like medicine, quarter, etc
good salary nowadays
no tension
holidays
god life.....
hhmmmmm
18th June 2010, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

GOVT JOB IS MUCH BETTER,YOU CAN DEVOTE TIME FOR YOUR FAMILY ,HAVE HOLIDAYS,LESS TENSION,REASONABLE PAY.
PVT MAY PAY MORE BUT YOU ARE TREATED AS BONDED LABOUR
18th June 2010, 02:55 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

no ways.i am not a govt employee,belongs to a middle class family,opt tutions as a livelihood.still i am satisfied.so how much you earn .satisfaction is more imporant.and for the safety point of view,invest your funds wisely for future and sleep calmly.so private sector is much better.no more danda of boss,be your own boss.
18th June 2010, 02:57 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

now are days govt jobs are most important. because every person can provided good facility and good income also.
20th June 2010, 01:12 PM
Pushu

Govt. side job is always better than the pvt.one when compared to the current and past economic situation. After a certain age you cannot work hard, but at the same time you will be paid periodical increament in govt. jobs. whereas in the pvt.sector production based salary will be given as a whole. job security is there in govt. The recession will not come to the screen of the salary of the govt. employee.
over all govt. side best.
In private sector, the employee should work hard more than the norms.
20th June 2010, 01:31 PM
Pawan Karhad

private sector and govt sector both are beneficial as in private sector we can reap huge benefits but at the same time we dont get job security so we have to be very stubborn and careful in private sector
in public sector we get job security, monthly benefits, and also we grow accoridng to our work and post
so i think ultimately govt. jobs are good
also it sounds good that we contribute in progress in our nation
as private always doesn't help country's progress
21st June 2010, 12:10 AM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Private jobs are better compared to Government jobs since there is no frequent strikes in private sector. Only advantage is we will get pension and fame after getting retired since he/she is Government employee. At the same time, work will be less and laziness will be high since they dont strict to certain rules as in private sectors.
1st July 2010, 02:11 PM
AMANDEEP SINGH ATTRI

According to me Govt. jod is best because Govt job is easy and pensionable job.....................................
1st July 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

senior listen yo the advice and sugetion of juniour emplyee for improvement so pv job is better
6th July 2010, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Well...it has been always a controversy b/wn private jobs and government jobs...In my opinion if every body will think about security of life than to this level of developement we would have never reached.The Man has taken risk and prooved that nothing is impossible.Try to be innovative,we have not born for securing our life not for holidays,not for facilities etc.Think about the inventions that you are using in your daily life.Those inventions are not a joke,the inventors didn't think about securing there life,they had to do something..they did it.Our indian thinking is very small,once you get government job the all essence of ur life is gone...be passionate if u want to live ur life,not securing ur life...the biggest thing is risk..risk has made all the things possible..so government job is not the aim og our life...private jobs pulls out ur strength,ur talent.....in my opinion private jobs are best...I am an SAP consultant in G.E....my innovative ideas are utilized there...which is not possible in government jobs......bye
8th July 2010, 07:42 AM
gohan4

HI
government job sector is good but there is no good pay scale
it gives you other facilities but i go for private job .because they work
hard to for there progress but this is not same in government sector.
14th July 2010, 01:54 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi
Definetly I can prefer government job.
Because of their facilty.
many people said that now government and private both are equal on the basis of pay scale and facilty.
But this is wrong.
Even now after 6 pay commision government service provide very high pay scale and many more facility.
SJ
15th July 2010, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

i think pvt job is better than govt jobs because it provide huge salary and promotion
16th July 2010, 02:57 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

I will refer a goverment job because if we choose a good goverment job then it makes our future secure.
16th July 2010, 04:45 PM
idealnmanju

selfish people oly think about job security and money making thing.am a true Indian i want do service to tat so i need govt job, where now a days people just spending time instead of work, i want to change tat
16th July 2010, 11:02 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

I think private jobs.... Because we get job where we need to do ... An it use to be with our expectations an we can have privacy...
17th July 2010, 12:07 PM
sharad3010

Quote:
i think govt is better if u jst want to earn money without much labour
as in govt jobs u become dere feeders

whereas in pvt u hav to work harder and u get to learn molre dere u get more money

yes i accept that dere are many provisions in govt jobs
so its upto u to decide
18th July 2010, 09:01 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

i think government jobs are much better than private.
because now govt has also increased the pays and workload is very less + there are lots of other facilities.
18th July 2010, 10:09 AM
shansinghal

Quote:
see govt. job is quite secure but it's salary is low in comparison to private sector but aperson can choose private sector also because it has large chance of promotions and increase in salary.
and some big company also give job security also in privare sector.
it is hard to get job in government sector.
20th July 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Once u reach 50s and are at a senior position , u really enjoy govt job while the probability of the same in corporate sector is much less.
23rd July 2010, 04:36 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

In private job there is always a risk of being fired out though high salary
Govt. job is best if you are qualified and dedicated to your work , don't want to be at risk go for It.
The salary package is also now good in this sector. No headache of being jobless.
Good reputation too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?