View Poll Results: Do you support Reservations?

Yes 171 25.45%
No 501 74.55%
Voters: 672. You may not vote on this poll

7th November 2010, 07:33 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Reservations should be there or not?

reservation should be abundant these are made for people who are financially backward but these days it is used to get maximum vote that why it should not be there.....
10th November 2010, 06:41 PM
neethubobby

i think there should not be any reservation provided on any grounds.This demoralizes and ruins the efforts of the real talented people in their respective fields. But i do agree that something has to be done for the economically backward people. Some kind of financial assistance and scholarships can be provided.
13th November 2010, 12:20 PM
divyanshsinghvi21

Lightbulb Re: Reservations should be there or not?

no, because the persons belonging to general class suffer in many ways.If backward class people want to prove themselves as they have capability to do something so what is need of reservations.to become a doctor there are reservations so those who belong to that caste can easily become doctor even if they know very less
so general class had to protest for it
BEST OF LUCK
15th November 2010, 08:02 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

I oppose reservation but yes it should be there who are actually economically background not who proves they are.
Proper action need to taken in our country to avoid this chaos and student must participate for that most because talent is loosing the seat and these reservation are just created these days get high votes not more than that for politicians.
16th November 2010, 04:16 PM
lakveldi

From railway station peoples are reserved for journey.if this option is not available means lot problems arose.Reservation should be made because there is a lot of peoples in world.
20th November 2010, 06:29 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Reservations should be there or not?

i am in general category it doesn't mean that i am supporting to no reservation criteria.
see why i am opting for non reservation.
1.undeserved candidate not only in exams but also in various fields are getting placed, instead of deserved candidates.
2.because of few marks lesser than other candidates the deserved one who is more capable of ruling india and to understand things..stays behind.
3. undeserved person can't stay for more time.
thats why i am not supporting to reservation thing.
22nd November 2010, 12:38 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: Reservations should be there or not?

I think some how reservation should be there,but some person missuse it,the take all the facilities by a illigal certificate,and really people are far away from this facilities.

Now ,some of General caste student has a SC or ST cettificate and they get privilage for admission in college or survice,thats very bad,but reservation truely needed for those backward people for their educational and economical devolopment ...
23rd November 2010, 10:15 PM
hbk_piyushjain

Reservation should be there but not on the basis of caste but on the basis of financial condition of the family.
25th November 2010, 02:36 PM
yogs.singh

reservation is runeing the student mind...those how fill the bill of reservation take things for granted because what they have is not of there hardwork...
reservation should not be cast basis it could be economically
28th November 2010, 07:27 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

I support for reservation 20 years back but now things have changed a lot.SC/ST people have moved much forward because of this reservation and the GEN category candidates are pushed back.

In my own experience i have seen people with less merit with reservation securing seats in much better college than mine.

The reservation should be done on basis of their annual income rather than the cast.
We should give a opportunity for the poor people let it be GEN/SC/ST category to move a step ahead of us rather than the SC/ST reserved people.

The reservation must be done on the basis of MERIT but not according to the caste.
28th November 2010, 11:53 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

i am against reservations. Because merit people are not being encouraged by these reservations. And there are so many situations in which merit people even they are having good rank in the entrance exams, they did not get seats in the good colleges which ultimately effected their placements.

Even though you are having the good stuff in you, that should be supported by placements and that is not being happening by reservations.
30th November 2010, 08:11 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

I am against the present Reservation system because it is based on caste and religion. remember that Reservation system came into existance just to raise the status of poors. now we can see so many examples in daily life when economically very good low caste people are getting benefited and relatively poor higher caste people are suffering. that's why i believe that reservation should be based on annual income(poor). the government should provide support in terms of fee concession . the marks criteria in entrance exams should be same as for general category students.
30th November 2010, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I THINK THAT RESERVATION WAS THE FIGHT OF EARLIER TIME KNOW NOW NO ONE WANT TO GET TIED UP IN TYPES OF PITIFULL THINGS THE WHICH IS KNOW IMPORTANT IS THE HARD WORK DONE BY THE PEOPLE TO MAKE THE COUNTRY PROSPER SO,THAT THINGS DUE TO WHICH PEOPLE ARE POOR COULD BE TOTALLY REMOVED ON OR BECAUSE OF WHICH THIS TYPE OF RESERVATION COULD BE REMOVED AND AGAIN GOING BACK IN THE TIMES DUE TO THIS DIFFERENCES WE COULD EMERGE AS A DEVELOPED COUNTRY.
2nd December 2010, 11:05 AM
rahul_kumar066

reservation is big issue for our country i think reservations should be given
only on the basis of financial
conditions and not on any
cast or religion because a
person whether he belongs
to open or backward
category, deserves help only
if he can't financially afford
higher studies
5th December 2010, 08:35 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Reservations should be there or not?

yes ofcourse reservations must be there to some extent not ,reservation should not steal the seats of meritorious students

i support reservations because as we don't know some of the remote villages there will be no support for education for that kind of people or students who likes to continue reservation will definitely help if not these reservation that person will remain like his parents in that remote village only so if we support them they can do mirracles like the urban people

this will be very helpful sc st students but our system should be that strong that not only according to their caste according to their parents income also the reservations must be availed this can be done only when good policies are made in the future by this some ammendments in the rules should be made so that reservation facility can be used properly

thanks for the read ..
~aditya~
6th December 2010, 04:19 PM
ramakant sharma

Thumbs down Re: Reservations should be there or not?

since reservation is suppressing tell ant reservation should be there but ut should be on poverty not at cast . in todays system there is reservation in each category due to which some good students are lacking too behind even they are good enough thats why i dont support reservation.
15th December 2010, 05:02 AM
Swaminathan077

hello,

there should not be any reservation

if they want reservation then according to me it should be on economic basis

poor should be with reservations

good day
17th December 2010, 07:39 AM
juniorravik1214
Banned

it is a good matter of discussion. i thing reservation system should be removed because so many talented people fails to get job or to enter in good engineering/medical institute only because they are in general catdgory. can you believe cut off marks for general in iit was 190 for general and only 85 for SC/ST. this means that if a general candidate secured 180 then he is not elligible and if a sc/st get 90 marks then he becomes elligible.
22nd December 2010, 07:48 PM
mdtareque

Reservation to a limit is ok, But if the deserved one is not getting the chance means something is surely going wrong. What the persons fault that he is not of the reserved category ???
24th December 2010, 09:39 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

reservation is not a good sign for a progressive country.If any person really backward and economically week then exemption of fees is reasonable but quota without merit is unreasonable.

It need to be change by our government.
25th December 2010, 01:29 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hi dear

It is a very good topic for the development of the india because by reservation inteligent/brillint/skillfull candidate are not getting opperchunities to show there talent bacause the goverment post are being filled by the reserved candidates.

If the government want to help the backword and poor people than free education is to be given to such student . There should not be any compromice to fill the post without talented candidate..

good luck..
27th December 2010, 07:54 AM
sdeepika.b

reservation is like booking . it was not that we sit in the buses and travel in our journey.
it was different that we travel in our life. selection should be on the merit basis and the performance. and even the scholarships should be on the backward session of the people but not on the caste basis
this is what do i feel
2nd January 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

i think all people on this planet all should have equal right,and faculty candidate shold be selected on their own ability and not their cast or religion. reservation divide community of people. so i desperately against the reservation.
2nd January 2011, 10:30 PM
rihhu
Member+

i am completly against reservation though i have it v have very known exams like aieee and iit which r consider as the toughest exam and now having these reservations v r not judging the students on account their ability hence thses reservations should be completly removed
4th January 2011, 03:11 PM
mihir kr. ghosh

Thumbs up Re: Reservations should be there or not?

There should not be any reservation in merit; But it is adivisable to support the weaker section of the society in terms of financial aid etc. viz... free education, concessional foods and shelter among others as necessaity for the livlihood. .
4th January 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

I m happy as it is helpful for my project.
5th January 2011, 01:23 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Reservation should not be there at all.
It demoralises the student who are meritorious & still cant get admission.Reservation in fact is responsible for spoiling the future of our nation.Also a candidate should be judged on the basis of there merit & not on the basis of there cast.Its truly disheartening that deserving candidates dont get admission whereas non deserving candidates easily get admission.
5th January 2011, 05:45 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

I am against reservations because sometimes deserving students also do not get their seats due to it.
Let us consider an exam in which 100 students participate. 50 will be eligible. Out of it 10% will be SC and ST i.e. 5 students. If the 5 students get 75% and some among them who are not chosen (because the lowest marks in the general class is 78%) get 77% then it would be something like injustice.
Instead, to provide assistance, government should give scholarships to such students.
6th January 2011, 08:04 PM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

i think reservations should be there but not in such ratio.......
7th January 2011, 01:21 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

On the basis of castes, reservations should not be there. To, help the financially challenged meritorious students, scholarships should be there and students should be encouraged to take part.
13th January 2011, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Reservation in India dragged country 50 years behind. Why corruption increase because of reserve candidate holding post of manager / bureaucrats who does not have education, quality and knowledge to hold the position and given by virtue of his cast. You can find out such people around you without any prior knowledge you can judge a person belongs to reserve category. In IITs one of the company HR manager (it is not good to name the company) says reserve category candidates need not to apply there are a lot of vacancy for you in govt departments. Our company needs talent to run and flourish.
16th January 2011, 08:03 PM
babrubhan.sahu007

No. reservations should't be there bcoz we need quality people not qwantity.
17th January 2011, 04:02 PM
srujanap

reservation helps but at the same time there are many drawbacks in them. Every student is same. So , i think all should get equal priority, equal chances. So that every student can get the opportunity to study in a better conditions. If the government want to help them in financial aspect, that help can be provided in other way. due to these reservations at present the students who are eligible are not getting the seats but the students who are not eligible are getting the seats. this is not right.
25th January 2011, 07:57 PM
mihir kr. ghosh

Reservation to poor and backward classes are always welcome; but not in merit, help them to provide certain financial assistants so that they may proceed for further higher / research studies and so on. But presently, what's happening are simply chief political drama, nothing more.

mihir kr. ghosh
27th January 2011, 12:47 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Hi,
I feel that the present reservation system based on caste only does not suit in the present scenerio. In my opinion, reservation should be made on the basis of merit and financial background only and not on any other thing.

While the students of the backward classes, in spite of their good financial background and less merit are getting full advantage in terms of admission, fee concession etc. many meritorious students are deprived of proper education due to their weak financial background.

Therefore, the reservation should be made only on the basis of merit and financial background and nothing else.

Hard Work is the key to success.

Thanks
2nd February 2011, 04:02 AM
SupritShestha

i feel that reservation should not be there at all...reservation creates distinguishion between people on the basis of caste, religion, sex, region, etc.....since India is a land of diversity and we believe in secular india...reservation should be avoided....but ya if you want to encourage some really backward people who is really backward on ground some reservation can be provided but should not affect the general public.......
2nd February 2011, 10:47 AM
Ramyakiruthi

Hi...

This is a good topic...

Reservation has both merits and demerits...

MERITS:

The reservation is good for some people... Because they didn't have enough money to live, study, etc... Each and every day they struggle for their life... If the reservation is possible their struggle was relief something for studies... Their family also will become educated family...

DEMERITS:

The Reservation is not good for some people... Because if they give chance to people through reservation then they didn't go into the higher position in society and studies etc...

Finally in my point of view reservation is good.... Through this many Physically challenged persons are benefited...

Thank you...
3rd February 2011, 02:54 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi,

Yes there should be reservation through which it will be equal to every body.

Thanks.
16th February 2011, 10:51 PM
danish_khurana

Angry Re: Reservations should be there or not?

no,reservation should not be there at all. by this system many deserving candidates are left behind and get discouraged. reservation is a form of discrimination which is contrary to the right of equality.
so i strongly oppose reservation system, equal opportunity should
be given to all candidates to explore in the field of excellence!
17th February 2011, 05:21 PM
ac1989

Reservation should be ther but it is not by cast it should be according to the finance condition
19th February 2011, 04:21 AM
nitingoplani88

Reservation must be based on economical condition.One who is poor has a right to take reservation
21st February 2011, 05:09 AM
Amed2010

According to me there not be reservation in india.
We should change the education system.....
Institute like IITs,IIMs are facing most for this reservation system.
A large no. of meritorious student are suffering for this....

There can be financial assistance..... Economical reformation...... Help in study from the base(primary level) .........
But reservations in Professional studies is nothing but political CHASKA.....

Compitition must be equal and must be in compititive form.......
22nd February 2011, 12:54 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

i do not think that it is a great idea to bring reservation to education because

those who comes under reservation they takes things for granted and also

students with lower percentile getting admission to good colleges and therefore

diluting the standards of that college and also industries.
25th February 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Reservation must be there but not on caste basis.it must depend on the merit status
1st March 2011, 08:01 PM
raj100

i think,reservation shouldn't be there..'coz after reservation still seats doesn't fill..
if govt really want to do something then govt should teach the poor student according to their family income not on the caste basis...due to these reservations at present the students who are eligible are not getting the seats but the students who are not eligible are getting the seats.
4th March 2011, 02:53 PM
rajilakshman

there should be reservations available
23rd March 2011, 05:09 PM
sumit9897gaur

i have my own view of not supporting any reservation in india

Allocating quotas is a form of discrimination which is contrary to the right to equality.

The 60% of India that is rural needs schools, health care and infrastructure in rural areas, not reservation in urban institutions

there should be somr review in the reservation system which should be based upon the Economic condition of a student rather than his cast this castism only creates riots among the communities and than the other community demands for his share of quota such as gujjar riots jat riots
3rd April 2011, 09:10 AM
chiranjeev90

Reservation is very essential but not on the basis on which it is being provided now.
Reservation is needed on basis of economic class not on basis of the caste .
So their is needed a change in the system .We can't blame anyone for the system ,it should start from us first and then others to follow us .We just can sit and hope for the things to get in place .
14th April 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

this is injustice with generals. SC/ST are in category of backward classes that doesn't mean that they should get more priority than generals. i personally think that this all happened because of Gandhi ji, he did differences between generals and these peoples. now its time to change such types of rules , but there is no any hope to change the society's view in this matter. i think general peoples will going to suffer very long. this is a partiality, now India is a democratic country and every person has its equal rights, but still i believe that India is not Democratic yet. Only because of these kind of rules, the position of India is this. SC/ST peoples cannot do anything by themselves, the society is making them lazy, and lazy by passing such types of rules. this is so bad and i really don't like this. i am not agree with Goverment. there are so many thoughts in mind buy can't do anything.
16th April 2011, 11:39 PM
tejormayi

Reservations limit is enoguh but not much more
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?