17th June 2014, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

About Executive MS program from Manipal University

Hi,
i am a BCA graduate and have been working in s/w industry for 8 yrs now. Recently I came across this MS program from Manipal University.
I further interacted with the university office in Bangalore and found the below points:
1. it’s a classroom course and the classes happen every Sunday from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. Also 75% is mandatory.
2. The MS programs are not AICTE approved but Manipal University is UGC approved.
3. The semester end evaluations are subjective type and the internals would be objective type.

The above points are quite attractive for me to go for this program but i had doubt about my point number 3, i.e. the AICTE approval. My questions are as below:
Q1. By doing this program would i be completing the 16yrs of formal education, as some of the foreign and Indian universities ask for 16yrs or plus of formal education for their PhD/Fellowship programs?
Q2. I came to know that Manipal University is also running this program with corporate tie ups, but in general is this degree accepted equivalent to any regular program, because if you look into the curriculum it’s quite updated also the strict rule of 75% attendance.

A quick reply or reference of any of the alumni's from this program would be appreciated.

Regards
Rajeev

29th March 2023, 07:02 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: About Executive MS program from Manipal University

The Executive MS program from Manipal University seems like a good fit for you given your background and work experience. I will do my best to answer your questions.

Q1. By doing this program, you would have completed a Master's degree from a UGC approved university. However, whether or not this would be considered as 16 years of formal education for PhD or Fellowship programs at foreign or Indian universities would depend on the specific requirements of those programs. I recommend checking the requirements of the specific programs you are interested in to see if this program fulfills their criteria.

Q2. The degree earned from the Executive MS program from Manipal University is a legitimate Master's degree from a UGC approved university. The fact that the program has corporate tie-ups and an updated curriculum, along with the strict attendance policy, should help to enhance the value of the degree. However, whether or not this degree is accepted as equivalent to any regular program would depend on the specific organization or institution that you are applying to.

I was unable to find any alumni from this program to refer you to. You should try searching for it on Linkedin. I am sure searching on Linkedin is gonna be helpful.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?