7th June 2017, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Sc Physics and PhD after completion of B.E Mechanical engineering?

Dear Sir/Mam, I have completed my BE(Mechanical) is it possible to do M.Sc from physics (or M.Sc P.hd)? Please suggest me any university through which I can take my admission? KIND REGARDS. Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Physics and PhD after completion of B.E Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  2. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which course to take after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering? M.Sc in Physics or M.Sc in Geophysics?
  5. Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Biophysics after completion of M.Sc in Physics?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mechanical engineering after completion of B.Tech and M.Tech from AMIE?
  8. Is it possible to do M.Sc in Physics after the completion of BE with Electronics and Communications Engineering?
  9. Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?
  10. Can I direct give the entrance test of IIAP after my class 12th? What is the eligibility?
  11. Am I eligible for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?
  12. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?
  14. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  16. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  17. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Physics after M.Sc from any good university in India if secured 54% in B.sc?
  18. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
7th June 2017, 10:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Sc Physics and PhD after completion of B.E Mechanical engineering?

There is no need to get admission in M.Sc, if you have already an engineering degree. You can directly apply for Ph.D admission in your own field, based on your engineering degree.

There will be entrance exam and interview for getting admission in Ph.D programme. Just make sure that you are well prepared for it.
8th June 2017, 12:04 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Sc Physics and PhD after completion of B.E Mechanical engineering?

Yes, those candidates who have successfully completed his/her B.Tech with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to do M.Sc (physics) and those candidates who have successfully completed his/her Master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to do PhD. If you have above mentioned marks in your Bachelor's and Master's then you can take admission in any university of your choice, but do make sure that the university is registered under UGC/AICTE.
9th June 2017, 12:46 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your BE in Mechanical Engineering, you are very much eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Physics from a recognised University.
Candidates after completing BE course in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University can apply for masters degree course in Physics. After completing M.Sc course with a minimum of 55% of marks in it, you can definitely apply for Ph.D course also.
9th June 2017, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam, I have completed my BE(Mechanical) is it possible to do M.Sc from physics (or M.Sc P.hd)? Please suggest me any university through which I can take my admission? KIND REGARDS. Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thanks!
No, B.E in Mechanical Engineering candidates are not eligible for M.Sc in Physics course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc degree in Physics from a recognized University are eligible to do M.Sc degree in Physics.

But you can do masters degree in Mechanical Engineering.
9th June 2017, 06:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue M.Sc in Physics course and Ph.D courses after successful completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering. In order to pursue M.Sc Physics course after completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering, you are required to appear in NET or JEST Entrance Examination's. And some of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination for pursuing this M.Sc in Physics course in India. After completion of M.Sc in Physics course you may pursue PhD (Doctoral Program).

Some of the top colleges offering this M.Sc in Physics course are,

>> Sharda University
http://www.sharda.ac.in/

>> BITS Pilani
http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/

>> Christ University, Bangalore
https://christuniversity.in/
10th June 2017, 12:09 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc. Physics and Ph.D after completion of your B.E Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised university. Only candidates who have passed Bachelor of Science in Physics or in any other related stream are eligible to pursue M.Sc. Physics and then Ph.D course. So, being a B.E Mechanical Engineering, you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc. Physics and Ph.D course.
10th June 2017, 12:33 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Physics after completing B.E in Mechanical Engineering. But, you need to complete Master degree in Physics or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for PhD in Physics course. You need to appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university in order to get admission for M.Sc in Physics course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?