1st September 2019, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to study MTech in IIT for a candidate with 54% in Intermediate?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to do my MTech in IIT. I am doing good in my BTech course but I have scored only 54% marks in my Intermediate. So, if I want to study MTech in IIT then this percentage of marks in Intermediate would be a barrier?

7th September 2019, 03:11 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to study MTech in IIT for a candidate with 54% in Intermediate?

I am giving you the minimum educational qualification which is required for the admission of MTech in IIT. A candidate must have passed BTech in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks or with CGPA 5.5/10.00 scale from a recognized university. The admission selection will be on the basis of valid GATE score.

Various institutes have various eligibility criteria for MTech but in most IIT branches the above given qualification is required. There would be 5% relaxation for SC/ST category.
7th September 2019, 10:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to study MTech in IIT for a candidate with 54% in Intermediate?

For MTech admission at IIT, you need to have an excellent score in GATE in the respective stream. To become eligible for GATE, you need to have a BTech degree with minimum 60% marks from a recognised college or institute.

So, at the moment you should aim to perform well in the JEE to get admission at a reputed engineering college. Just make sure you study well in BTech and score the required marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?