1st September 2019, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I get MTech CSE admission in IIT if secure good GATE score being a BTech(Biotechnology) graduate?

Hello, I did my BTech in Biotechnology but now I am interested in Computer Science Engineering. Am I eligible for MTech in IIT if I manage a good GATE CSE score? I am currently working as an IT professional which is Project Engineer for Accenture.

6th September 2019, 06:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get MTech CSE admission in IIT if secure good GATE score being a BTech(Biotechnology) graduate?

No, you can't take admission in MTech CSE on the basis of BTech Biotechnology degree. They are totally different subjects and they are in no way related to each other. You can only study biotechnology or it's related subjects at masters level.

Biotechnology is a life science subject and CSE is an engineering stream for computer science subject. There is no way you can take admission in MTech CSE.
7th September 2019, 10:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get MTech CSE admission in IIT if secure good GATE score being a BTech(Biotechnology) graduate?

No, you can't get admission in MTech CSE on the basis of your BTech Biotechnology degree. There is no relation between the two fields and they are completely different fields. You can get admission in the same field or its related field.

For MTech CSE you need to have BTech CSE or ECE or EEE or IT degree. You can appear for GATE subject according to your degree stream only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?