4th August 2020, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Best specialization to pursue in an MBA program for an Economics graduate?

Hi everyone, I have completed my BA Economics Honours and scored 50.16% marks. I want to do an MBA program. Can you suggest me which specialization is best for me? Kindly give me your valuable suggestion.

6th August 2020, 01:53 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best specialization to pursue in an MBA program for an Economics graduate?

First of all, you need to understand that specialization should be chosen on the basis of your interest in the field than anything else. For example, a lot of students choose Finance or Marketing as their specialization only to realize that they always loved operations or HR or something else. So figure out where your interest lies. There are many psychometric tests that can help you understand your areas of interest and what specialization might be the best for you.

Deciding your specialization on the basis of your past academics is not the best way to go about it. Most of the people will probably tell you to take up Finance as you've done Economics in the past. But what if you like Marketing or some other specialization over Finance? Won't you take it up?

To go about choosing your specialization, understand what each specialization really demands and the kind of opportunities available. Also, irrespective of your specialization, after a point of time in your career, you will be doing pretty much everything.

Think of your short term, medium term, and long term plans (not concrete, but a fair idea) and then see if the specialization will equip you with the desired skills. All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?