13th December 2017, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for B.Ed at IGNOU, having 43% in B.A?

I have got 43 percent marks in B.A. So, with this, can I do B.Ed from IGNOU or not. Presently, I am teaching in a private school.

14th December 2017, 11:27 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Ed at IGNOU, having 43% in B.A?

In order to pursue B.Ed from IGNOU, you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have secured at least 50% marks in graduation or post graduation level from a recognized university

> There is no age limit to apply for B.Ed course

As your marks in B.A is not upto the mark, so you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed.
14th December 2017, 11:58 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

To apply for Bachelor of Education, you need to fulfill following eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream.

Percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree: Minimum of 50% marks is required.

You can not apply for B.Ed course securing only 43% marks in Bachelor of Arts.
15th December 2017, 12:05 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education.

The eligibility criteria for B.Ed course is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a UGC recognized university.

2. Your percentage of marks should not be less than 50% marks.

Your percentage is only 43% in graduation due to which you can not apply for examination of B.Ed exam or even not eligible for direct admission in IGNOU.
15th December 2017, 12:14 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much sorry to say that you cannot opt for the B.Ed course after the completion of BA with only 43% of marks in it as you are not eligible for it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Ed course in the relevant field.
15th December 2017, 12:46 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue B.Ed at IGNOU:

I am very sorry to say that, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed in IGNOU with the above mentioned educational qualification. The basic educational qualification required is as follows,

>> You must have completed Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Commerce or Social Sciences or Science or Humanity..etc., or else Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

>> You must have secured minimum 55% marks in qualifying educational qualification in order to be eligible.

>> As you have not met the required percentage criteria, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue this B.Ed course at IGNOU.

>> I am providing you the link, where you may find all the details about this course. So that you will get some clarification about this course.

Click here for More Details
15th December 2017, 09:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. This is a teacher training course. The duration of B.Ed course is two years. The academic qualification required for B.Ed course is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the examination.

Candidates belonging to Open and OBC category need to have at least 50% marks. For SC/ST candidates, it is only 45% marks. You can not apply for Bachelor of Education course at IGNOU with 43% marks in bachelor's degree.
15th December 2017, 09:41 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The percentage of marks required to apply for Bachelor of Education in any university of India is 50% marks.

It is not possible for any candidate to apply for B.Ed course with 43% marks in bachelor's degree.
15th December 2017, 02:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 43 percent marks in B.A. So, with this, can I do B.Ed from IGNOU or not. Presently, I am teaching in a private school.

Sorry, you are not eligible for BEd at IGNOU, having 43% marks in the BA degree. Eligibility for the BEd course in IGNOU is as follows: Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualifications and Trained in – service teachers in elementary education. Therefore, you are not eligible to apply for the BEd course at IGNOU. The IGNOU BEd website link is given Click Here
15th December 2017, 03:08 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

You cannot apply for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) at Indira Gandhi National Open University with just 43% marks in Graduation. There is an eligibility criteria in order to apply for B.Ed course at IGNOU.

>> You need to score minimum 55% marks in B.A course in order to be eligible.

>> As you have secured less than what is actually required, you cannot apply for this course.

>> There will be a relaxation in percentage for reserved category candidates. Based on this, 55% marks for General candidates and 50% marks for reserved category candidates and you are not eligible for any of the above mentioned categories.

Click here for B.Ed Prospectus of IGNOU
15th December 2017, 03:37 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you must have to score at least 45% aggregate in graduation to be eligible to get admission in B.Ed from IGNOU.
After this you need to clear entrance test to get admission in B.Ed.
But candidates who are under OBC/SC/ST category get relaxation in marks. Therefore, if you are under reservation category then you are eligible to pursue B.Ed.
15th December 2017, 03:41 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but have secured at least 45% to 50% to apply for B.Ed from any college.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed:-

Candidate must have completed Graduation.
Age must be above 21 years.
Duration of this course - 2 years
Candidate have to appear for an entrance test to get admission in B.Ed.
15th December 2017, 04:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The educational criteria for pursuing Bachelor of Education course is that candidate must have completed bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. In terms of percentage of marks, candidates with at least 50% marks in graduation are eligible.

The percentage of marks required is relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST. You are not eligible for B.Ed course with just 43% marks in bachelor's degree.
16th December 2017, 12:27 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for B.Ed course after completion of BA degree with 43% marks. A candidate must have to have 50% marks in his/her bachelor's degree in order to be eligible for B.Ed course. Since you have score 43% marks in your bachelor's degree, so you can't apply for B.Ed course.
27th December 2021, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I am handicapped person I have completed BA with 43% . I want to do B. Ed. Degree. Please tell me full details with fee and all other conditions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?