30th March 2015, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Can I move from MCA to M.Tech with GATE or any other entrance test?

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if I can move from
MCA to M.tech direct admission without
GATE or any entrance test?
as I am working however want to pursue M.Tech.

Related Questions:
  1. Courses which I can do abroad after doing M.Tech in GIS and Remote Sensing?
  2. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University?
  3. Is there any separate entrance test for admission in M.E. in IISc? Can I get admission in IISc on the basis of GATE score?
  4. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  5. How to take admission in M.Tech after qualifying GATE in EEE stream?
  6. What are the available exams and branches to choose for M.Tech aspirant of IT stream?
  7. PGECET entrance test? syllabus? colleges offering mtech admission based on PGECET entrance test? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. MTech admission in computer science and engineering without qualifying GATE exam?
  9. Is there any test other than GATE to take admission for M.Tech in Kerala?
  10. How to become a CID officer?
  11. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  12. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  13. How to do M.Tech after doing B.Tech in IT?
  14. Which are the PG diploma courses in India that will be suited for students who have passed the bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Details about M.Tech entrance exam?
  16. When will be the Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech in BITS Pilani? When can I get forms for this? Which degree I can receive from BITS Pilani between M.Tech and ME?
  17. How may i continue my higher education in ME after completion of BE?
  18. After B.E which exams should I take up? Information about those exams?
1st April 2015, 07:25 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I move from MCA to M.Tech with GATE or any other entrance test?

GATE i.e Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Examination is conducted by IIT Once in a year for admission to M.Tech course. To apply for this course, you should have completed M.Sc/M.A/M.CA from a recognized or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination. Those candidates who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. GATE is only for IIT, but few institutions also accept the GATE score. Apart from GATE Exam, there are different examinations are available for M.Tech course. The entrance examination are conducted by their respective universities. Direct Admission also possible without cracking the entrance examination but top colleges and government colleges admission is not possible.

For example : If you want to join in M.Tech course in Anna University, Chennai. You need to crack the TANCET Examination. TANCET i.e Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is conducted by Anna University for admission to M.C.A, M.B.A, M.Tech, M.E, M.Plan and M.Arch Programmes. So, now understand about the M.Tech admission process.

M.Tech Entrance Examinations are:

-> TANCET Exam
-> GATE Exam
-> MAH-CET Exam
-> BITSAT Exam
-> Karnataka CET Exam
-> Calicut University M.Tech Exam
-> SRMEEE Exam
-> VITEEE Exam
4th April 2015, 04:31 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, you are eligible for the M. Tech.

For an admission into MTech, you have to fight the GATE examination, for admission in all the Govt and deemed universities.

The eligibility criteria for GATE is

* The candidate should be at least 21 years at the time of application.

* The candidate should be in the final year or have passed the final year of the qualifying examination as mentioned by the GATE Conucil.
5th April 2015, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

MCA and M.Sc(Computer Science) candidates can apper for GATE exams to get admission for M.Tech courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?