23rd January 2016, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Can i study M.Sc. (Botany) degree without having botany at Graduate level?

I have completed my B.Sc. with Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry. I want to do Post graduation course in Botany. But the problem is that i didn't had Botany at my graduation level. So can i study M.Sc. in Botany stream?

24th January 2016, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study M.Sc. (Botany) degree without having botany at Graduate level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.Sc. with Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry. I want to do Post graduation course in Botany. But the problem is that i didn't had Botany at my graduation level. So can i study M.Sc. in Botany stream?
You have completed B.Sc. with Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry so you are not eligible for M.Sc. (Botany) degree.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc degree in Botany are eligible for M.Sc in Botany.

Your age should be above 17 years.
25th January 2016, 12:20 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study M.Sc. (Botany) degree without having botany at Graduate level?

Quote:
Yes, you can study M.Sc Botany in Madras University after B.Sc. The eligibility to study the course is a B.Sc in Botany/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry with a minimum of second class (55% and above). The university eligibility attachment is given below,

The eligibility to study the M.Sc Botany in Annamalai University is a pass in B.Sc Botany/Applied Botany/Life Science/Plant Biology/Plant Science and Biotechnology with any ancillary subject. The duration of the course is 2 years. The website link is - http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in...rgl&course=022
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eligibility.pdf(140.1 KB, 5 views)
25th January 2016, 10:32 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since, you have studied Chemistry and Microbiology and Zoology at Graduation level so definitely you are eligible for M.Sc in Botany after completing B.Sc degree course. Those who study M.Sc in Botany can learn various aspects of functions and types of plants.

M.Sc in Botany is a two years Master degree course, which is divided in to two parts of one year each.

To be eligible for M.Sc in Botany, you must have a Graduation in Botany or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university. The candidate required to secure at least 50% of marks at Graduation. The selection is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.
25th January 2016, 01:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, most of the universities will ask for Botany Graduation degree to become eligible for M.Sc Botany course. In some universities these days life science graduates are also eligible for admission.

Hence, you should be eligible for admission in some university because most of the universities have their own eligibility criteria. You just have to check before applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?