22nd December 2021, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for SET Exam for Open university post graduate?

If I will do graduation(3 years with honours) and post graduation with 55% from an ugc recognized open university. Am I eligible to sit on SET exam......? plz ans me

23rd December 2021, 07:43 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility for SET Exam for Open university post graduate?

Eligibility:-

Candidates must have completed their 10+2 examination in a stream pertaining to their field from interest from a recognized board or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks. Those who belong to SC/ST category have a relaxation of 5% i.e. they need a basic minimum of 45% marks.

Candidates appearing for their 12th standard examination, they need to submit a passing certificate to become eligible for admission.
23rd December 2021, 09:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I will do graduation(3 years with honours) and post graduation with 55% from an ugc recognized open university. Am I eligible to sit on SET exam......? plz ans me
You have completed post graduation degree with 55% from open University so you are eligible for SET exam.

Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for SET exam.

Your age should be below 40 years.
25th December 2021, 10:55 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for SET exam:-

The candidate must have master degree recognised by UGC in a subject of set on the candidate having post graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian university / Institute or Foreign degree /diploma/ certificate awarded by foreign university / Institute should in their own interest. Ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree /certificate with master degree of recognised Indian University from association of Indian universities New Delhi.

The candidate other than SC/ST/OBC/DT/VT/NT who have secured at least 65% marks in Masters or equivalent examination are eligible for this test . The OBC/SBC/DT/NT /belonging to non creamy layer and SC/ST/Trans gender /PWD category candidates who have secures at least 50% marks in Masters or equivalent examination are eligible for this test the candidates belonging to OBC/DT/NT/SBC must have a valid category certificate organised by the government.

The candidate who are studying in the first year of 2 years Masters course or in first 2 semester of a four semester course of master degree or studying in fourth year of 5 year integrated Masters course are not eligible to appear for this test.

Candidates while pursuing their master degree or equivalent course of candidates who have appeared for their qualifying examination result is awaited or candidate do qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for the test.

Candidates appeared for SET in the subject of their post graduation only example commerce and come environmental science MSc environment science life science,MSc Life Science, Botany/ zoology /microbiology /biotechnology etc. Home science MSc ,MA home science. Is a postgraduate student of any candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects such candidate can appear for SET in a related or equivalent subject.
27th December 2021, 10:51 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for SET Exam for Open University post graduate is, you must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

To apply for the SET ,there is no upper age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?