1st March 2018, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(IT) for B.Sc(Computer Science) 2nd year student?

Hello friends, I am studying B.Sc in Computer Science in 2nd year. I want to study M.Sc in IT after my graduation. But firstly I want to know my eligibility for M.Sc IT. And also I would like to know the syllabus of M.Sc IT course.

12th March 2018, 01:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(IT) for B.Sc(Computer Science) 2nd year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am studying B.Sc in Computer Science in 2nd year. I want to study M.Sc in IT after my graduation. But firstly I want to know my eligibility for M.Sc IT. And also I would like to know the syllabus of M.Sc IT course.

Those candidates who have completed BSc Computer Science are eligible to apply for the MSc (IT) course. Candidates have to pass the BSc Computer Science course to pursue MSc (IT). Duration of the course is two years (four semesters). Syllabus for the MSc Information Technology is given below:

Semester 1:

C++ and Data Structures
Computer Architecture
Database Management Systems
Elective: Visual Programming or E-Commerce or Programming in C
Practical: Data Structure Lab using C++
Practical: RDBMS Lab
Soft Skill

Semester 2:

Operating Systems
Programming in Java
Elective 1: Software Engineering or Data Warehousing and Data Mining or Software Testing
Elective 2: Internet Technology or Multimedia Systems or Windows Programming
Practical 1: Java Programming Lab
Practical 2: Internet Technology Lab or Multimedia Systems or Windows Programming
Soft Skill

Semester 3:

Computer Networks
Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Advanced Java Programming
Information Security
Elective 1: Mobile Computing or Artificial Intelligence
Elective 2: Computer Graphics or Advanced Java Lab
Internship

Semester 4:

Project and Viva-Voce
12th March 2018, 01:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(IT) for B.Sc(Computer Science) 2nd year student?

Since, you are pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science, you are definitely eligible to opt for the M.Sc in IT from a recognized University.
Candidates those who have completed their Bachelors degree with Computer Science as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for M.Sc (IT).
Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance examination conducted by the respective University.
12th March 2018, 01:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Master of Science (IT) for B.Sc in Computer Science candidates:

There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue Master of Science in Information Technology course is as follows.

>> The basic qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline or in relevant discipline from a recognized university.

>> Or else, candidates who are done with their B.Sc in IT/ B.Tech/ B.E in IT or B.Com in Computer Science or B.Com in IT or B.Sc in Computer Science..etc., from a recognized board.

>> As you are doing B.Sc in Computer Science which is a relevant stream in information technology course, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this course.

>> M.Sc in IT course consists of the below mentioned important subjects,
* RDMS and Advanced Database Administration
* Object Oriented Programming using Visual C++
* Operation Systems and Network Management
* Web Technology concepts
* Geographical Information Systems
* Linux Networking
* Linux Administration
* Mobile Computing
* Data Warehousing and Data Mining Applications
* Advanced Software Engineering
* Project Work in final semester of the course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?