6th March 2023, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Guidance on Pursuing a PGD in Intellectual Property Rights as a Working Professional

I am Metallurgical Engineer from IT BHU, Varanasi. Presently I am working with Indian Oil Corporation. I want to do some PGD in Intellectual Property Rights. I want to know whether it is useful for me? Also how much difference is there in distant course and regular course(I mean overall effect on carrier)? And which is best university to carry out this course(distant)as I am a working professional presently located at Ahmedabad. I am thinking of IGNOU or NALSAR or NLSIU??

Please Guide..
Thanks & Regards,
Abhinav

6th March 2023, 12:45 PM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: Guidance on Pursuing a PGD in Intellectual Property Rights as a Working Professional

Pursuing a PGD in Intellectual Property Rights can be beneficial for your career, especially if you are working in the field of engineering and technology. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) is a vast field that covers patents, trademarks, copyrights, and other forms of intellectual property. As an engineer, having knowledge of IPR can help you protect your inventions and designs, negotiate licensing agreements, and avoid infringement lawsuits.

In terms of the difference between a distance course and a regular course, there may be some differences in terms of the learning experience and networking opportunities. Regular courses offer a more structured learning environment and opportunities for in-person interactions with professors and peers. However, distance courses offer flexibility and convenience, allowing you to study at your own pace and balance your studies with your work and other commitments.

When it comes to choosing a university for your PGD in Intellectual Property Rights, there are several options available. Some of the top universities offering distance courses in this field are:

IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open University
NALSAR - National Academy of Legal Studies and Research
NLSIU - National Law School of India University

You can compare their course curriculum, fee structure, and other details to choose the best one that suits your needs.

In terms of eligibility criteria, most universities require a Bachelor's degree in any field. Some may also require work experience in a related field. You can check the specific eligibility criteria for each university on their website.

Overall, pursuing a PGD in Intellectual Property Rights can enhance your career prospects and add value to your current job. It is important to choose a reputable university and course that aligns with your career goals and interests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?