16th February 2017, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

How to enter IIT after pursuing MCA?

Currently I'm pursuing my MCA , how I can enter in to IIT`s or in the best universities? How should I prepare for that? what is the syllabus and the every single thing I should do. Please guide me, I'm totally prepared to do hard work but I want to do it smartly. Please guide me with every possibilities.

Related Questions:
  1. Cyber crime field after MCA from Anna university: Procedure , requirements and course(s) to pursue?
  2. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course?
  3. What is the eligibility to pursue MCA from any IIT? -- [New]
  4. Whether MCA course is available in IIT Roorkee?
  5. After doing MCA which is the best course in IT field to enter into MNCs?
  6. Possibility of pursuing M.Tech after MCA? Job in different sectors for MCA graduate?
  7. Whether IIT-Chennai offers MCA program? Duration and scope of MCA course? Preparation tips for JAM?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required?
  9. How to enter into software field after doing MCA from IGNOU
  10. What is the aggregate required to enter into TCS? I am a graduation in MCA
  11. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  12. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Chances of pursuing MCA in London?
  14. In which campus of IIT, MCA course is offered? Fee structure and number of seat available in IIT for MCA course?
  15. How can I enter in CBI after pursuing B.Tech? What is the date of issue of forms for CBI
  16. How can I enter in IT field or teaching field after doing MCA
  17. Campus of IIT which offer Master of Computer Application course?
  18. Government sector after pursuing MCA? Which different sectors can I a
19th February 2017, 11:25 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to enter IIT after pursuing MCA?

To get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies after completion of MCA, you have to appear in examinations like GATE/ CAT based on the course you are interested to pursue in IIT. If you qualify and secure good rank in the examination, you will be called for counselling process and if you are eligible for admission in IIT, you will be offered in IIT. If you are applying for higher studies in the same stream in which you have completed your graduation then, the entrance examination syllabus will be based on your previous qualifying examination and you need to take coaching from best coaching center to crack the entrance examination for getting admission in IIT.
20th February 2017, 07:55 PM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: How to enter IIT after pursuing MCA?

After doing MCA, if you want to get into an IIT, then you can only do that pursuing an MBA and no other degree.
As far as B.Tech is concerned, in an IIT it must be done after 12th with at the most 2 years separating your 1st year of engineering and your 12th standard passing.
If you consider M.Tech then you must have a BE/B.Tech degree from a recognized university/college. Also, this bachelors degree must be in the same field as that you want to pursue for your M.Tech.
Seeing that you are not eligible for either of the above mentioned degrees, the only way you can associate yourself with an IIT is by going for an MBA there.
Yes, many IITs have their own MBA colleges now as well. The best one being Shailesh Mehta College of management which is a part of IIT Bombay.
Although, their reputation in MBA is nowhere near to their reputation in engineering and that there are plenty of other better institutes/universities where you can go on to do an MBA, if you really want to be a part of an IIT then this is your best shot.

As far as the procedure to get into this college is concerned, you must give their entrance exam on the basis of which you will be getting a merit rank. The colleges will call you for an interview and a group discussion rankwise and if you pass the 2 then you will get a seat in your choice of stream(Marketing, Finance etc.)

The syllabus for the entrance exam is the same as that for CAT i.e Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and English comprehension.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?