11th October 2022, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

How I would get admission in any good institute if I am not eligible in GATE?

Please help me to know how I would get admission in any good institute if I am not eligible in GATE? Or what are the entrance exams for doing MTECH other than GATE?

13th October 2022, 08:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How I would get admission in any good institute if I am not eligible in GATE?

If you are not eligible for appearing in the GATE then the only option for you for getting admission to M.Tech. degree course at a good engineering college is to either look for the sponsored category seats in IITs/NITs or to look for the options of good private engineering colleges like BITS, VIT, IIITs, etc. as M.Tech. admission for sponsored seats in IITs/NITs and private engineering colleges is offered through a separate admission process other than GATE.

So, you could explore about the options of admission through these channels if you are not eligible for admission through GATE.
15th October 2022, 10:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How I would get admission in any good institute if I am not eligible in GATE?

Other than GATE, admission in premier institutions are conducted on the basis of qualifying in entrance examination conducted by the respective institutions.

You can appear for BITSAT and examination conducted by other institutions.

For more information visit at the official website of the institution.
15th October 2022, 12:21 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Some of the best engineering colleges in India offer MTech courses without a GATE score. There is a list of IITs, NITs, and other Central and State universities that invite MTech admissions either through sponsored seats or on the basis of their own entrance test for the MTech course.

A candidate must have passed a BTech or BE and must have a CGPA of 8 or above to be eligible for direct admission. Some universities conduct their own MTech entrance examination. Some of the universities where you can apply without a GATE score are given below.

Aligarh Muslim University
University of Hyderabad
Jamia Millia Islamia
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Pondicherry University
Tezpur University
IIIIT Hyderabad
Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University
15th October 2022, 05:06 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

There are many other entrance exams for MTech other than GATE which are mainly specific competitive exams conducted by different institutes such as BITS organises its own Higher Degree Entrance Exam for ME programmes while you can also appear for exams like VITMEE, IPUCET, IIT Delhi MTech Entrance Exam, amongst others.
15th October 2022, 06:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Even without GATE, you can apply for examination conducted by BITS and IIIT Banglore for admission in M.Tech course.

So, it is not mandatory to apply and get admission in the course only through GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?