15th November 2015, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

How much CGPA is required in Engineering to study Honours course?

I am mech engg student. I want to do honours course. Now i am in third year. My CPGA up to 4th sem is 8.01. I want to know how much CGPA is required for this?

Related Questions:
  1. Which entrance exam we need to give for doing MS in Auto mobile engineering from abroad?
  2. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  3. How to study MS in USA after completing B.E ECE with 72.46% in CGPA?
  4. Can I get admission to study MS in Abroad if secured 70% in Matriculation, 75% in Diploma of Associate Engineering, 2.8 CGPA in B.Tech Pass, 3.4 CGPA in B.Tech Honours and 6.0 Bands in IELTS being a Pakistani who has 2 years of experience?
  5. CGPA required in 10th Board exam to study PCM in 11th standard?
  6. Percentage of marks required in Higher Secondary to study Chemistry honours at Jadavpur university?
  7. How much CGPA is required to get distinction in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. MAy I get the chance to study Chemistry honours in Bethune? How many Chemistry honours seats are there?
  9. What is the CGPA criteria required for applying for courses like MS and Ph.D from USA?
  10. Am I eligible to study MS in Abroad if secured 58% in 10th, 48% in 12th and 8.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  11. How to get scholarship for study in a good University in Australia, London or Canada aftre Civil Engineering with 7.8 CGPA? Entrance exams details for the same?
  12. Difference between B.Tech honours and B.Sc honours?
  13. Should I do LLB after completion of degree?
  14. How much CGPA is required for Distinction?
  15. How to take admission in government college of engineering? What is the minimum CGPA required for this?
  16. Best place and university to study BA Geography honours?
  17. Minimum percentage required to take up Sociology honours in Presidency College?
  18. Cutoff marks required in SAT to study B.Tech in MIT, US for a candidate who has secured 10 CGPA in 10th and 84% in 12th?
15th November 2015, 10:41 PM
MASTER RAVI

Default Re: How much CGPA is required in Engineering to study Honours course?

Hi Dear,

For Honours in Engineering,many universities take 7.5CGPA.If you get 7.5CGPA as average,then you will get a honours Degree.If you are in third Year,You should work hard and secure high CGPA as much high you can get.You told that you have 8.01 CGPA upto 4th Sem,it is good and if you maintain CGPA like this,then you will definitely get the Honours Degree in Engineering.
15th November 2015, 11:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You do not know the exact meaning of Honours course. Honors in a particular course means that candidate has scored aggregate of 75% or more in overall duration of course. You will get a honors in bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering if you manage to score 75% or more in overall duration of 4 years.

Hence if you secure 7.5 CGPA overall, you will be able to get Honors in Mechanical engineering.
20th June 2022, 03:06 AM
Unregistered

Can one do honours in mathematics from engineering degree?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?