6th March 2023, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

If i will do my masters after BEd then can i eligible for PGT post?

Sir, i have done graduation in chemistry (H) and i am planing to do BEd first for CTET exam. If i will do my masters after b.ed then can i eligible for PGT post.

6th March 2023, 02:07 PM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: If i will do my masters after BEd then can i eligible for PGT post?

Yes, if you complete your master's degree in chemistry after completing your BEd, then you will be eligible for the PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) post in chemistry in schools that require the minimum qualification of a master's degree for the PGT position. However, you will also need to fulfill other eligibility criteria, such as clearing the CTET exam, as per the guidelines of the recruiting organization.

To become a Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) in a government school in India, you need to fulfill certain educational qualifications and clear the appropriate competitive exams.

The eligibility criteria for PGT post may vary from state to state and depend on the specific requirements of the recruiting organization. However, in general, to become a PGT, you need to have a Master's degree in the relevant subject, along with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree.

In your case, since you have completed your graduation in Chemistry (H), you can opt for B.Ed. after which you can pursue a Master's degree in Chemistry. After completing your post-graduation, you will be eligible to apply for the PGT post in government schools.

However, it is important to note that besides having the required educational qualifications, you need to clear the appropriate competitive exams like Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), State Teacher Eligibility Test (STET), or the exam conducted by the respective state education board to be eligible for the PGT post.

Additionally, you should also gain some teaching experience as many government schools prefer candidates with some prior teaching experience. Therefore, it is advisable to gain some experience by working as a teacher in private schools, coaching institutes, or as a private tutor to enhance your chances of getting a job as a PGT in a government school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?