28th June 2016, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to do MBBS for Biotechnology postgraduate?

Sir/Madam,
I have completed my M.Sc in Biotechnology. Now I am planning to go for MBBS course on this M.Sc degree. Please guide me to know that is it possible to do MBBS now on M.Sc basis? Please reply as soon as possible.

29th June 2016, 06:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to do MBBS for Biotechnology postgraduate?

For admission in MBBS programme one need just class 12th qualification with PCB stream with at least 50% marks. You have more than enough qualification and surely can apply for entrance exam.

You will be only eligible for admission in private medical colleges only because of age limit for government colleges.
29th June 2016, 09:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and candidates have to qualify in entrance examination for admission in the course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is that candidates must have passed 10+2 with PCB as main paper.

So, you have to qualify in entrance examination for admission in the course. It is five year duration course. There is no advantage of having M.Sc course for admission in MBBS course.
30th June 2016, 03:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much opt for MBBS course after completion of your M.Sc course, there is no such problem in it. You just have to appear for medical entrance examination, i.e. AIIMS and after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to get a seat in any good MBBS college.
30th June 2016, 06:46 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you can pursue MBBS after M.Sc. Biotechnology, but for MBBS , you will have to qualify entrance exam, conducted for the same.

In India there are various exams conducted for admission in medical courses.
Some of these are --
NEET
AFMC
BHU
AIIMS
NEET is an all India entrance exam for medical courses.

Eligibility for NEET

Minimum qualification required for NEET is 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
Age should be between 17 years and 25 years.
So, if your age is below 25 years, then you can apply for NEET exam and study a medical course on selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?