19th October 2015, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Is post graduation from IGNOU valid for RAS and IAS exams?

Sir, kindly let me know whether the post graduation degree from IGNOU is accepted for the entrance exam of RAS and IAS? Thanks a lot.

19th October 2015, 10:56 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is post graduation from IGNOU valid for RAS and IAS exams?

RAS stands for Rajasthan Administrative Services while IAS stands for Indian Administrative exam. These exams are one of the top level exam for recruitment of grade 1 officer in India.

**As you want to appear for these exam but want to know about the eligibility for the exam as you have completed your post graduation from IGNOU.

**First thing I make you clear that for IAS and RAS the student must possess a graduation degree. And it does not depend whether you have done post graduation from any university or not.

**The eligibility for the RAS and IAS exam is that student must possess a graduation degree from any recognized university no matter open university or regular university.

**So in my opinion instead of thinking of the eligibility for the exam you have to start preparation for the exam as the syllabus for these exam is too much.

**you can also check this on the upsc website:http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th October 2015, 12:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, kindly let me know whether the post graduation degree from IGNOU is accepted for the entrance exam of RAS and IAS? Thanks a lot.
Since, IGNOU recognized by UGC and NCTE so you are eligible to apply for RAS and IAS entrance exam after completing Master Degree through IGNOU. Below I have attached the recolonization please go through it.
20th October 2015, 01:02 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, post graduation from IGNOU is valid for RAS and IAS exams.

To appear in RAS and IAS exams, candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any stream. IGNOU is recognised by UGC and HRD ministry of Indian Government.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.
20th October 2015, 01:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, PG from IGNOU is very much valid for IAS and RAS examination as completing education from IGNOU is also of quite recognized nowadays as from any other Universities.

Therefore, don't worry if you have completed your education from IGNOU, you will be very much eligible to appear fro the above mentioned examinations.
19th June 2020, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir, preparing BCA from ignou can i eligibility exam for upsc as like IAS or IPS .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?