28th November 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

In which subject should I do post graduation to become lecturer?

I want to become a lecturer after finishing my post graduation. In which subject should I do post graduation that has high demands for lectureship in Pune?

Related Questions:
  1. What's qualification required for the lecturer post in degree colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which post graduation course I need to take after B.Com Computer Science to become a lecturer?
  3. Am I eligible for lecturer post if I have done Post graduation through correspondence mode?
  4. Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only for NET?
  5. Eligibility to be a college lecturer without completing post graduation degree?
  6. How to apply for lecturer post after completing graduation?
  7. Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?
  8. Am I eligible for the lecturer post for doing MCA post graduation?
  9. How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student
  10. Am I eligible to become lecturer if I have completed my post graduation course through correspondence mode?
  11. Though my post graduation is in English can I appear for Mass Communication?
  12. Will I be eligible for lecturer job if I have done post graduation via correspondence mode?
  13. How to get promotion from Lecturer to Senior Lecturer post?
  14. Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?
  15. Can i be eligible for Lecturer post after post graduation in Pharmacy?
  16. How can I do post graduation from IGNOU having done graduation from BHU?
  17. Is B.Ed necessary for Lectureship in Kerala?
  18. Can I become a Lecturer in Mumbai University having 5 years of Teaching experience in Distance Education Graduation and PG centres after completing Post Graduation being a Special Backward Class candidate?
29th November 2015, 12:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which subject should I do post graduation to become lecturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become a lecturer after finishing my post graduation. In which subject should I do post graduation that has high demands for lectureship in Pune?
After completion of post graduation degree, you are eligible for lecturer post but you should qualify in UGC NET/ SLET/ SET exam. Lectureship depends on your subject of Ph.D course or post graduation course.

If you have completed post graduation degree in Mathematics then you are eligible for lectureship in Mathematics.
29th November 2015, 12:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You can operate any subject in Master Degree based in your Interest. You can't directly become a Lecturer after completing Master Degree course. You need to complete PhD along with UGC NET entrance exam. Once, qualify in the UGC NET entrance exam you can directly apply for Interview in any Government Universities. Selection any one of the specialization and try to score more than 60% of marks at Master Degree. This because only those who have scored 55% of marks at Master Degree level are eligible.
29th November 2015, 12:44 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

The aspirant can study the post graduation the same subject in which he studied graduation.

For example if the aspirant studied physics in graduation then he/she can study physics in post graduation.

There are many subjects available to study in post graduation.

The subject you studied in graduation will decide your post graduation mostly.

The aspirant also needs to study B.Ed and then M.Phil for the post of lecturers.

Your interest in teaching is the most important.

If you like teaching then study master’s and B.Ed.
29th November 2015, 06:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the subjects are taught at university level and you can study any subject at post graduation level to become a lecturer. Normally, those who have masters in basic subjects like science , arts and commerce have good chance of getting the job after NET qualifying.

Hence, pursue post graduation according to your graduation and try to crack UGC NET if you subject. This will help you to become eligible for lecturer posts.
29th November 2015, 09:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

It totally depends upon your interest in which subject you want to become lecturer. Every year there are vacancies for lecturers in science, arts and commerce subjects. So subject selection in master's degree should be totally done on one's own interest rather demand then only you can become good lecturer and score better marks in master's degree.

You must know that for becoming master's degree, a candidate has to clear the National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC twice every year and minimum of 55% marks is required for this exam in master's degree.
29th November 2015, 09:12 PM
ant man

You can do post graduation in any stream. Basically it depends on
1. Your interest.
2. The stream you have done in graduation.

You can do the specialization in any stream but instead of doing post graduation you can apply for B.Ed so that you can get lecturer jobs easily even you can apply for the government jobs also.

After completing B.Ed you can apply for the government jobs like
1. NET
2. TET
3. SET and other teaching jobs
30th November 2015, 12:46 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Lectureship is not an easy job. You must have to understand every students's thinking to teach them in a best way.

So my suggestion to you is that you should not go for the demand only. You should go for the subject in which you have your real interest. Because one can gave its maximum in its interested field.

Also take care of the following points :

** Respect your students.

** Sets high expectations for all students

** Skilled leader

** High personality
10th September 2017, 04:29 PM
kunalroy89

Each college and university of India have a huge demand for lecturers. It all depends on which subject you are comfortable with. If ,for example, you are doing B.Sc Physics and then you came to know that there is demand for Sanskrit lecturers,you will opt for M.A Sanskrit.And that will be disastrous for you.
Complete your Masters in whichever subject you are comfortable with and, preferably, somewhat related to Graduation subject so that you don't suddenly get surprised. Appear for NET or SET after Masters. Then you can apply for lectureship after Ph.D or Fellowship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?