19th May 2016, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I opt in B.Sc to study further MBA? Better course between MBA and M.Sc for B.Sc student?

Hello,
I am studying in B.Sc 1st year and interested to study MBA. Which subject should I take in B.Sc Honours to study further MBA? Is MBA, a good choice for me or should I opt for M.Sc?

22nd May 2016, 10:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I opt in B.Sc to study further MBA? Better course between MBA and M.Sc for B.Sc student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying in B.Sc 1st year and interested to study MBA. Which subject should I take in B.Sc Honours to study further MBA? Is MBA, a good choice for me or should I opt for M.Sc?
Yes, you can operate any specialization as you wish to apply for MBA course. Most of the reputed colleges require at least 50% marks in Graduation for getting MBA admission. The qualification required for doing MBA course is a Bachelor’s degree in any specialization from a recognized university. Some of the colleges prefer candidates with a science background.

Quote:
Better course between MBA and M.Sc for B.Sc student?
Both the MBA and M.Sc course, having good scope. You can choose any course based on your interest and future aspiration. Being a B.Sc student, M.Sc is suitable course. However, if you are interested in Management specialization then you can prefer MBA course.
22nd May 2016, 10:52 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I opt in B.Sc to study further MBA? Better course between MBA and M.Sc for B.Sc student?

The best course for candidates from B.Sc background is obviously, Master of Science (M.Sc) course. Yes, M.Sc is the best course to be studied after completion of B.Sc in order to find better scope. But remember, it is not compulsion for you to study M.Sc course after completion of B.Sc course. If you are really interested you may also go with MBA (Master of Business Administration) course. The reason why I suggest you to go with M.Sc course after B.Sc is, you may be engaged in core concepts in Graduate level. So, if you are willing to go with Core sector, then obviously M.Sc course is the best as you will be dealt with core concepts at Post Graduate level. Generally candidates from any stream can go with MBA (Master of Business Administration) course. So I suggest you to choose the best stream based on your Interests and goals in Bachelor level (B.Sc).
22nd May 2016, 11:34 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any course in B.Sc and should complete your graduation in order to be eligible to get admission in MBA course from a recognized University.

However, in my opinion it would be better if you opt for M.Sc and not MBA after the completion of your B.Sc as you will be continuing with studies in the same field you have done your graduation in and if you change the field, it might be a bit difficult to cope up with the new stream and field of education.
23rd May 2016, 10:13 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You can take any subject of your interest and comfort. You can opt for MBA course after B.Sc course in any discipline. Hence there is no need to worry, you can opt for any subject as Honors. However, you should make sure that you are opting for a subject of your interest since the academic record of a student is taken into consideration while selecting candidates for MBA admission by all the institutes. Hence you need to score well in your graduation which is possible only if you opt for subjects in which you are interested and like to study.

Yes, MBA is definitely a good option for you. One can get lucrative career option after MBA course especially if you do it from a good institute. Moreover, you are interested in pursuing MBA course, so you can do better in it. M.Sc. is also a good course but the scope and career options after MBA course is more as compared to MBA course. You should go for M.Sc if you are interested in core domain and want to build your professional life in the sphere of your core domain. If you are aiming for PhD and research work, then you should go for M.Sc.
23rd May 2016, 11:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, there is no specific subject which you have to choose to opt B.Sc in order to study MBA further after completing B.Sc. You must have to complete your Graduation in any of the discipline in order to pursue MBA after Graduation.
For a B.Sc candidate, it is better to opt M.Sc rather than to opt MBA as Masters degree course as M.Sc is related to the filed of B.Sc. So, it will be more beneficial.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?