10th March 2022, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Value of MSc (Geology) and other courses in IIT colleges?

IIT colleges are also conducting integrated courses of Msc.in different branches like Applied Geology, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry etc. I want to know about the future and current demand of these degree and if Mtech degree also covered after Msc then what are the values. I also want guidance whether I should go for such course in IIT college OR to go for any Engineering Course in any IIT college / NIT college if I seek admission there based on my IIT-JEE / AIEEE result. I am expecting 233 marks in IIT-JEE and 228 marks. Please guide me. Though my first choices are Mechanical / Electrical/Computer/ civil engineering field. Though your guidance will help me in final decision.

12th March 2022, 12:56 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Value of MSc (Geology) and other courses in IIT colleges?

The placement in top tier IIT would be different from that of lower tier IIT.
The rest get employed through GATE and combined Geo scientist exam which are common platform for all.
One may have opportunities after completing MSc in geology other than placement.

If a candidate expects high salary package , then IITs are good option and if one wants to earn knowledge then also its a better option.
Geology is less popular subject in our country , only few colleges and universities have the study prospects in geology .
One may try JAM to have entrance in IIT colleges after graduation.
13th March 2022, 08:36 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

1. It provides deep knowledge,

2. Better opportunities,

3. Higher earning potential.

4. Great reputation and credibility,

5. Better networking skills.
15th March 2022, 12:43 AM
Msdhoni02

The MSc Geology students can take up jobs in various sectors like Mining Industry, Oil and Gas Industry, Petroleum and the Gems Industry.

You may conduct research activities in various technologies and subjects related to Geology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?