24th May 2015, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

What are the various career options I can opt for after doing masters in psychology?

Sir/Mam,

Right now I am doing graduation in Psychology. I am in third year. After completing my graduation I'll do masters in Psychology. I want to ask you that what are the following career options after doing masters in psychology?? How to ensure that I will get the best job and have a good career?

Related Questions:
  1. Career Options in India after completion of Masters in Psychology? List of Colleges offering this course in India?
  2. Is it a good option to opt for Psychology instead of Maths? Career options after B.Sc. Microbiology?
  3. What career options do I have if I drop maths in HSC level and opt for Psychology?
  4. Which stream should I opt after 12th related to Psychology, Biology, Geography and Political Science?
  5. How can I score well in Psychology? What are lucrative career options after 12th?
  6. Is a PG in Commerce eligible to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology ?
  7. What is the scope of masters in psychology? What are the job opportunities?
  8. What can be done after pursuing M.A(MPS) from IGNOU? I want to be Independent within 2 years
  9. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  11. What should I do after my B.Com? I am a B.Com Hons final year student
  12. What are the career option after doing masters in English?
  13. What all options can I opt after my B.Tech?
  14. Am I eligible to do BBA from SD or PU after getting 70% in 12th exam?
  15. How to do masters in Psychology after finishing BBM course? Will I be able to take masters in Psychology course?
  16. Procedure to join Clinical Psychology course after completion of B.Sc in Psychology? List of Institutes offering this course in Distance Learning? Career Options for me after completion of this course?
  17. M.Sc in Psychology is possible after B.A. in Psychology?
  18. What are the career options in India after taking up Psychology after 12th? Which is the best college?
24th May 2015, 04:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the various career options I can opt for after doing masters in psychology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Right now I am doing graduation in Psychology. I am in third year. After completing my graduation I'll do masters in Psychology. I want to ask you that what are the following career options after doing masters in psychology?? How to ensure that I will get the best job and have a good career?
It is really good to see that you are well planned about your career. There is scope available for M.Sc Psychology in both the Government and Private sectors. Since, your an 3rd year Graduation student so I suggest you to concentrate on your studies,

After completing Master Degree in Psychology, you can apply for Higher Degree courses like,

- PhD in Cognitive Science
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Counseling Psychology
- PhD in Stress Analysis
- PhD in Applied Psychology

There is a wide range of career opportunities available for M.Sc graduates in Psychology. You can apply for the jobs like, Counseling Centers, Vocational Rehabilitation Office. Vocational Rehabilitation Office, Urban Planning Officer, etc. So, please don't worry about job prospects. If you have complete M.Sc Psychology with good marks along with good knowledge in the field Psychology, then definitely you may get a good job for sure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?