7th January 2022, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Whether to do MPharm in Biotech or MSc in Biotech to enter academic field?

sir, i am a B pharm final year student and want to enter academic field in biotechnology. but m confused whether to opt for M pharm or M Sc in biotech, after B pharm for following my aim... please help.

9th March 2023, 01:08 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Whether to do MPharm in Biotech or MSc in Biotech to enter academic field?

This is a good question. Both MPharm and MSc in Biotech are postgraduate courses that can help you enter the academic field. However, there are some differences between them that you should consider before choosing one.

MPharm in Biotech is a course that focuses on the application of biotechnology in pharmacy. You will learn about the use of living organisms and bioprocesses in drug development, production, and delivery. You will also study subjects like pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, etc. This course is suitable for those who want to pursue research or teaching careers in pharmaceutical biotechnology.

MSc in Biotech is a course that covers a broader range of topics in biotechnology such as genetics, microbiology, bioinformatics, nanotechnology, environmental biotechnology etc¹. You will also have the option to specialize in areas like animal biotechnology, plant biotechnology, molecular medicine etc. This course is suitable for those who want to pursue research or teaching careers in various fields of biotechnology.

The admission process for both courses may vary depending on the college or university. Some may require entrance exams while others may offer direct admission based on your bachelor's degree marks. You should check the eligibility criteria and selection process of each college before applying.

I hope this helps you make an informed decision. Which course are you more interested in?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?