15th March 2015, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I get the job in private companies if I am rural student who completed ECE?

Dear Sir/Mam,

How much aggregate should i maintain till the last semester in electronics and communication engineering to get survive in real field.....?and i'm a rural student can i get the job in the private companies...?

17th March 2015, 12:32 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Can I get the job in private companies if I am rural student who completed ECE?

See, earlier companies used to be very liberal. Mostly companies allowed a 50-55% marks or more in the academics all through. That means you needed to get a minimum 50% marks in your 10th standard, 12th standard and your graduation to be eligible to sit for the aptitude test held by the corporate giant. Today the only companies allowing 50% or more are the BPO sectors or data entry sections. Other than that most companies are open to people who have got at least 60% or more in their aggregate in every academic field as mentioned above. If the candidate has done a master degree, then he or she requires to score 60% or more in the master degree too. So make sure that you score as high as possible in all through your academics. Since for sitting for a job interview requires good aggregate scores, getting good score in one semester will not do. All the semesters must add up to a sufficient CGPA point or a percentage.
Regarding your rural urban question, companies hire on marks and skill basis. If you do have skill then it would not matter whether you are from rural side or urban side. But if you do not have the knowledge of your subject(in your case electrical and communication engineering) then no company will give you a job, even if you belong to the first world countries.
18th March 2015, 12:48 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get the job in private companies if I am rural student who completed ECE?

Yes, you can definitely get job in the private companies even if you are rural student. There are many CFOs and CTOs, even CEOs who come from rural background and attained such bright positions in their career. If you have the requisite knowledge and good communication skill, you can definitely have a bright career option. You should focus at improving your english, communication skill and bring in a positive attitude apart from focusing at your mainstream studies. You should add versatility to your nature and resume by participating in various extra curricular activities and undertaking various project, internship and training courses.

You need to maintain an aggregate of 60% throughout your career (10th, 10+2 and B.Tech/B.E)to be eligible for almost all the private companies in your field and IT field.
1st March 2016, 12:28 AM
monikasiri

The minimum aggregate you should score in your course is 65%.You can definitely get a good job in private companies or in Government sector.Aggregate is the first selection process in any of the company.

Later,many rounds are conducted to know the skills of the students.So,make sure that you are good at Aptitude,Reasoning,Verbal skills and also Communication skills.Technical knowledge is also important to get a job.Most of the private companies look forward for applicant with communication skills whereas,government jobs are selected based on the technical knowledge of the employee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?