14th March 2023, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

How acommerce student can join Merchant Navy?

I want to apply for merchant navy but the problem is that i am a commerce student and i got 76%, i had also taken maths and it subject can i grt the job for merchant navy

15th March 2023, 01:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How acommerce student can join Merchant Navy?

No, commerce stream candidates are not eligible for recruitment in Merchant Navy.

The common basic eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics as Main paper.

For the recruitment candidates also have to appear and qualify in written, interview and medical test.
15th March 2023, 04:26 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

By enrolling in the GP Rating Course, any student with a Class 10 pass or higher who is not from a background in science can join the Merchant Navy. Every year, applications are accepted for the GP Rating Course. So, as a crew member, you can join the merchant navy.
15th March 2023, 05:00 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Any student who has passed Class 10 or higher and does not have a background in the science stream or in commerce background is eligible to join the Merchant Navy by enrolling in the GP Rating Course. You are eligible for service in the merchant navy as a crew member.
15th March 2023, 06:50 PM
Msdhoni02

1. You can join the merchant navy course after 12th class from the commerce stream.

2. Any Class X pass students or higher but from non-science background can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the GP Rating Course.

3. Admissions for the GP Rating Course are done throughout the year. you can join merchant Navy as a crew .
15th March 2023, 07:40 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate can join the merchant navy course after 12th class from the commerce stream. Any Class X pass students or higher but from non-science background can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the GP Rating Course. Admissions for the GP Rating Course are done throughout the year. you can join merchant Navy as a crew.
15th March 2023, 08:32 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Commerce students can join Merchant navy in 2 ways

1 They repeat class 12th with PCM and English
2 GP Rating course

This is the best option for all students who wish to join Merchant navy .
This is the best and fastest way to join a ship as an officer.

Following are the pros of becoming merchant navy officer
Higher salary
Shorter contracts
Better promotions
Less physically demanding work profile.

Candidates have to clear IMU CET by opting for following courses , and join as an officer
Diploma in Nautical science
BSc Nautical science

2 By opting for a course in GP Rating , a commerce student can join Merchant navy and become a part of ratings onboard

Ratings are skilled workers who support officers to perform various tasks onboard.
There are 2 types of ratings depending on the department they join through - Deck Ratings and Engine Ratings.
It's a 6 month pre sea Training course which can be opted by commerce student.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?