7th January 2017, 01:25 PM
sukhija himanshu

Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th with Commerce stream and I want to join Merchant Navy so I want to know can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy? Please answer as soon as possible.
Regards- Himanshu Sukhija.

15th July 2017, 03:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy after 12th with Commerce stream.

The required minimum eligibility to join Merchant Navy is :

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

Candidate have to appear and qualify in written, interview and medical test before final selection.

So, you cannot join on 12th qualification but eligible to join on 10th qualification and eligible to pursue :

Diploma in Nautical Science.

Near Costal Voyage.

Commercial Diving.
15th July 2017, 09:04 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?

No, Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for recruitment in Merchant Navy.

The common basic eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

For recruitment candidates also have to appear and qualify in written, interview and medical test.
12th June 2018, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to join merchant navy after 12 in commerce stream as an officer how can I join
3rd July 2019, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Can a student with BBA in logistics. Retail and e-commerce join merchant Navy
13th November 2019, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I'm a commerce graduate. I did my bcom and is going to do my MBA next academic year. Will I be able to join merchant navy being a girl. Is there any scope?
27th January 2020, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I am in class 12 I have commerce with out maths can I join navy
25th February 2020, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join merchant navy after 12 commerce
2nd March 2021, 04:23 PM
Maahi14

To join merchant navy one must have completed 12th standard with Science background only i.e. physics , chemistry, mathematics as main subject. Other than science background, commerce and arts students are not eligible for Merchant navy post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?