14th August 2016, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Air Hostess?

I'm 17 years old and passed 12th recently. My height is 154 cms and I want to know how can I become air hostess? What is the process to become an air hostess?

15th August 2016, 12:02 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Air Hostess?

Air Hostess is a very attractive career for girls which allows them to travel a lot and it also pays well.

You are not eligible to apply for Air Hostess at the age of 17, the minimum age required is 19 as per the rules of DGCA. So, after completing your 12th you can start your Air Hostess training from a reputed institute which will help you to become an Air Hostess in future.

Most airlines prefer candidates with atleast graduation degree. Very few airlines would accept you after 12th. Your best chance to become air hostess is after completing Hotel Management course or Tourism Management course.

> Your english must be fluent.

> You must have a passport.

> Knowing how to swim is also a very important requirement.

> Your height should be at least 157.5 cms to become an Air Hostess.

> The weight should be in proportion to height. It is the most sensitive issue because airlines won't think twice to fire you even if you have a kg more weight.

The distant vision preferred by the airline is 6/24. The vision is correctable to 6/6 to one eye and 6/9 to other eye. Eyeglasses are not allowed but you can wear contact lense with maximum power of minus two diopters.
15th August 2016, 12:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 17 years old and passed 12th recently. My height is 154 cms and I want to know how can I become air hostess? What is the process to become an air hostess?
To become an Air Hostess, the candidate should have studied 10+2 (a Degree or Diploma in Tourism Management course will be added advantage). The candidate should be below 25 years of age and unmarried. The candidate should be 157 cm in height and weight should be in proportion to height. They should have a valid passport; eyesight should be normal vision and must have good command over English language. There are various institutions providing Air Hostess training in all the major cities. So you can make use of it also to become an Air Hostess.
15th August 2016, 05:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to specify you that every airlines has its own eligibility criteria so I am providing your details with respect to Indian Airlines.

To be an air hostess in Indian Airlines you need to have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have at least completed your higher secondary school degree or graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized institute. But students having diploma in hotel management or diploma in tourism management are more preferred.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 27 years.

* Your must satisfy all the physical fitness with your height being at least 157.5 cm in case you are female candidate or 162.5 cm in case you are male candidate.

* You must have good communication skills in English and Hindi. Further fluency in any international language can act as advantage to you.

* You must possess your passport and must have good personality.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate and 17 years old you are not eligible for joining Indian Airlines right now as but you can spent this time in enhancing your personality and fluency as these are very important for recruitment.

For details and notifications about criteria of becoming air hostess in different airlines you can refer to their respective links.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?