14th March 2023, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

How to join merchant navy after 12th with subjects PCM?

Respected sir/mam, My name is shaikh ashraf and I'm studying in std 12th i want to join merchant navy and i know what is required for a candidate to join merchant navy after 12th std but I'm confused that what to do first for joining merchant navy, should i join any navy college or do any navy courses, sir/mam i can't find the right procedure for getting admission in merchant navy ,please will you tell me right way for joining merchant navy?

15th March 2023, 01:55 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: How to join merchant navy after 12th with subjects PCM?

To join the merchant navy after 12th with PCM subjects, you need to follow these steps:
  • Eligibility: You need to be a 12th pass with PCM subjects and have secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in 12th class. You also need to be physically fit and meet the medical standards set by the merchant navy.
  • Age Limit: The age limit for joining the merchant navy is between 17.5 to 25 years.
  • Entrance Exam: You need to appear for an entrance exam to get admission in a merchant navy course. The popular entrance exams are IMU-CET, TMI Entrance Exam, and Indian Maritime College Entrance Exam.
  • Course: You can opt for a diploma, degree, or postgraduate course in the merchant navy. Some popular courses are Diploma in Nautical Science, B.Tech in Marine Engineering, and M.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering.
  • Training: After completing the course, you need to undergo training on board a ship to gain practical experience and knowledge.
  • Job Placement: Once you complete the training, you can apply for job placement in the merchant navy. You can apply for various positions such as Deck Officer, Marine Engineer, Radio Officer, and Electro-Technical Officer.

To summarize, the steps to join the merchant navy after 12th with PCM subjects are eligibility, age limit, entrance exam, course, training, and job placement. You can research and apply to various merchant navy colleges in India that offer these courses.
15th March 2023, 01:30 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join merchant navy after 12th with subjects PCM:-

Merchant Navy is a Defence Services which comes under NDA.
This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

There are few eligibility criteria for having a job in Merchant Navy they are as following:-

You must be citizen of India
Your age must be in 16.5 years to 19 years
Male candidates are eligible but Candidate should be unmarried
Female candidates are not eligible for this exam.

Selection procedure :-
Written examination
Medical test
Personal interview.
15th March 2023, 01:40 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

To qualify for the merchant navy after finishing class 12 with subjects PCM, candidates will have to appear for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) and qualify for the exam with a good rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?