9th January 2014, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Information about placement in Google and Facebook?

I m currently going to complete my 3(II) by may. I want to get information about google and facebook placements as i eager to get job in any of the two. Plz give me guidance????

14th January 2014, 09:14 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Information about placement in Google and Facebook?

Google and Facebook are the top 2 companies in the Internet field and getting job there is pretty much tough as it sounds to be.

They use to come for campus placements but in very selected colleges which is more like in IIT and other colleges on the same range. So if you are studying in colleges other than IIT then probably you won't be able to get them on campus.

The other options which are left is either to attend the off-campus which is again pretty much tough to get or go for walk-ins which happens very rarely.

To search for walk-ins in Google just search from their official website - http://www.google.com/about/jobs/

To search for walk-ins in Facebook just search from their Official website - https://www.facebook.com/careers/

You need to keep an eye on the above links to make sure you will get the notification of their latest walk-ins but before that make sure that you are up to the standard of the candidates which they are try to take in.

It's for sure that you need to be really good with your programming skills if not it won't be possible to get jobs there. Just try to improve your knowledge on all the languages and technologies which are used for Web applications. Right from HTML 5 to normal HTML tags, just have them all learnt and keep it in your fingertips.

There is a high possibility you will be taken in Facbook and Google if you have a great project in your hand. For example one of our Indian company Little Eye Labs was acquired by Facebook recently which is because they had a creative project in their hand like the same if you have any innovative idea in your mind just put it in practical and start working on it which you can later showcase wherein Facebook and Google will search and come for you to be recruited in their company
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?