22nd August 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Jobless since last 3 years after B.Tech Mechanical engineering. What should I do?

Sir I have done B.Tech in mechanical engineering in 2013. Still I am jobless. Please let me know what should I do? Any courses that will be helpful for me to get a job?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a govt job after passing B.Tech CS with 53%? Which Govt department is suitable for me?
  2. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  3. Which college can I go for after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Is it possible to do 4 years course to appear for GATE? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in Malaysia
  5. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. How to do M.Sc in Physics in Distance Learning through IGNOU?
  7. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  8. Can i do MSc in Physics through IGNOU distance?
  9. What should I do between B.Tech and BSc? I have scored 80% in PCM in class 12th
  10. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  11. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  12. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience?
  13. JNTU B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-Metrology and Surface Engineering Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Which are the universities offering B.Tech Mechanical through correspondence?
  15. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-4th Sem Thermal Engineering-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Am I eligible for government job after completing B.Tech from KSOU?
  17. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How can I join Indian Navy after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
23rd August 2016, 08:19 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobless since last 3 years after B.Tech Mechanical engineering. What should I do?

It is quite sad to know that you are jobless for the past three years. But there is nothing to worry much as you can still achieve great heights in your career. You should prepare yourself for higher studies. Since the gap is of three years, so it will be better to go for long term course rather than short term certification courses. If you want a job at this moment, then you have two options.

- Pursue short term courses in IT field like SAP, Hadoop, Tableau, Salesforce, Informatica, etc. based on which you can get a job opportunity in IT sector.
- Prepare yourself for government sector jobs. Appear in the written exams, clear all selection rounds to crack through.
However , the best option would be to go for higher studies preferably M.Tech or MS or MBA.
23rd August 2016, 12:41 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobless since last 3 years after B.Tech Mechanical engineering. What should I do?

Today there are various courses to opt for but on a serious note, no course guarantees a job, as you yourself are an engineer you might be knowing it very much as even engineering is a reputed course/degree.

However, I would suggest you to start your preparation for government jobs and alongside also do keep on looking for any vacancy in private firms also. You should not waste your time in just thinking the ways of getting job, start your preparation today as there are number of government job opportunities which you can opt for if prepared well for the examination.
24th August 2016, 11:43 AM
HERE2HELP
Member+

It's not only you friend, there are several out there in our country who is jobless after their graduation. First think what you want to do in your life. Then take your descession.

Here are some option for you to think about.

Try for Core Company :

You can find some consultancy and try for core companies as you have knowledge in this field.

Come to IT sector :
You can go for some short term course and start learning IT step by step. I know you are thinking that you know almost nothing about IT after your .Tech in Mechanical Engineering. But believe me you can do it. There are so many things you can do in IT sector after having 6-10 months training.

Prepare for Govt jobs :
This is perfect time for you to secure your life. Forget about how much money you have spent or your parents have spent for you. Plan your schedule and start preparing for govt job. If you do it carefully you will surely find a job.
3rd March 2021, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi !.
Need Advice.
I graduated with BE in Electrical and Electronics in 2017 and have been unemployed ever since then. I'm planning to pursue masters in power without research option to improve my employ ability. Should i pursue my masters, especially after I have forgotten much of my electrical portion?. Will i be able to hold up for my masters degree with limited knowledge?. OR should i pursue something else like management ?.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?