13th July 2017, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a scientist at NASA after +2?

I would like to become a scientist in ISRO or NASA. Now I am studying +2, but today I am confused in my future. I am interested to study physics & maths. I got good mark in these subject.Today I have one doubt. After +2 What should I do?

17th July 2017, 12:54 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to become a scientist at NASA after +2?

Sorry to inform you that with only 12th standard qualification you can't join ISRO or NASA, the minimum qualification you may require to join the aforesaid organization is graduation in engineering or post graduation in Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry.
Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO or NASA:
>A candidate must have passed B.E/B.Tech with a minimum of 65% aggregate marks from a recognized universities.
>Age of the candidate should be within 21 years to 35 years.Age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years is applicable for OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.
So, after completion of 12th standard with science you can go for engineering in Electronic and Communication, or Aerospace, etc.
Since ISRO and NASA is a field of research and development, so you can go for PhD after completing graduation in relevant field.
17th July 2017, 10:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a scientist at NASA after +2?

You can study physics or math or astrophysics at graduate level, to gain some skills in space science field. Most of the space agencies recruit candidates with the above qualification.

Selection is purely based on merit at NASA. They look at your academic qualifications and other research skills, and if they find you suitable, they select you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?