30th December 2015, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job?

Sir/Mam,

I completed MCA. I completed software course in Hyderabad.After some problems I am at home for 6 months.I loosed in interest in that field.I am good at arithmetic and reasoning but weak in English.which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job?

30th December 2015, 07:26 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job?

First and fore most thing you need to analyze your interest that will show the way you have to go for. Compared to software field Banking is good sector in sense of security, risk less, in terms pressure there will be less pressure when compared with Software job.

Coming to your weakness english is not at all a problem for banking field. But yes minimum basic knowledge is required for Bank exams. Otherwise selection will not takes place. You need also look into the competition for Bank exams. Lot of people are selecting the banking is good filed. So you have to take care that too.
31st December 2015, 12:18 PM
syntel_india
Member+

Default Re: Which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job?

Firs of all i will suggest you to brush up all the concepts that you left 6 months aga.
try to build interest in study first then think of the field you want to go in.

Because, as of now you are not interested in the firld you used to be interested and want to get job in that field that seems to be easy for you and this can leads to wrong decision, as you are not taking decision mentally instead you are deciding emotionally.
SO, take your time.
31st December 2015, 09:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

In terms of job security and other benefits, banking jobs are better than software jobs. As you have also lost your interest in software field, so it will be better to prepare for banking entrance exams. You must work for English section if you want to crack any of banking entrance exams. English plays a vital role in cracking this section.

As you have done Master of Computer Applications, you can apply for Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection Common Written exam for post of Clerk and Probationary officer. The age limit for clerk is 20-28 years. For PO exam, it is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable candidates of reserved category.

The right choice is to go for banking jobs and its concerned exams.
31st December 2015, 11:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I completed MCA. I completed software course in Hyderabad.After some problems I am at home for 6 months.I loosed in interest in that field.I am good at arithmetic and reasoning but weak in English.which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job?
You can prepare for banking job. Because you said you are good in arithmetic and reasoning. The arithmetic skills and reasoning skills will be useful in banking field. There are many jobs in banking sector like clerks and probationary officer. The IBPS is recruiting candidates for the banks (more than 20 banks). The eligibility will be a degree in any discipline from the recognized university for both the posts. There will be a Common Written Examination for the recruitment. You have to clear this examination to appear for an interview. There are many coaching classes available in all the major cities and towns. You can check the details in the website http://www.ibps.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?