26th November 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Age criteria for admission in central schools and public school?

my twin sons are reading in a public school in class VI and they were born in January 28 2004 now i am transfer them in central school but they said according to their age they are eligible for class V not VI , i wanna know is their any different age criteria between central schools and public school now suggest me what should i do ?

19th December 2013, 12:39 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Age criteria for admission in central schools and public school?

Generally in the Central Schools which are affiliated to CBSE board (Government Schools) they don’t have the any Age criteria. Your twins childs may take admission in the CBSE board schools directly but only in government schools.

If we talk about Public Sector Schools they always have some age criteria and if you migrate childs from one schools to another public schools CBSE board OR even State Board than they take your child in one class back.

Like as you said your child in the 5th class and you are migrating your child into another school so they take your child in the 4th Class instead of 5th. A year back is there in Private CBSE and State Board Schools. So this is recommended to you if you want to migrate your twins child than migrate to CBSE Government schools. They take your twins child in 5th class.You need Some certificates when you migrate your childs into other Schools.I have listed Below some certificate might you need while migrating your child into another school-

• School leaving Certificate duly signed by Principal or Headmaster of that Old School.
  • Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of the Births and Deaths.
  • Marksheet of previous Class.

These 3 certificate you need if you want to migrate your childs into other school. School leaving or we can say Migration certificate. This certificate is issued by the Principal of the School. You can ask in the old school for providing Migration certificate. They will provide within a span of 1 day. Marksheet of previous class is also necessary so that school get know about your previous class marks. And at last you need the Birth Certificate which might be you need to register at School.
22nd June 2015, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

My kid is in class II in a private school. 2016 I want admission in Central School Delhi. I want to know procedure of admission.
14th April 2017, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

My child is studying in class IV presently. Now I want to admission in central school paschim vihar. What is criteria
15th April 2017, 12:16 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My child is studying in class IV presently. Now I want to admission in central school paschim vihar. What is criteria
All the central schools or kendriya vidyalaya are affiliated to CBSE board.
According to the guidelines of CBSE a child must have attained the minimum of 14 years of age and must not exceed the maximum of 16 years of age on 31st of March while getting admission in 10th standard.
So, keep in mind of your child's age while selecting the class.
There are so many central schools nearby paschim vihar.
- Kendriya vidyalaya vikas puri
- Kendriya vidyalaya tagore garden
- Kendriya vidyalaya janakpuri
- Kendriya vidyalaya sec-12 dwarka
- Kendriya vidyalaya West punjabi bagh
15th June 2019, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Age of child would be 5-1/2 year. Date of birth is 30-9-2014.required age for 1st class is 6 year
16th June 2019, 02:52 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Class Minimum age Maximum age
I 5 years 7 years
II 6 years 8 years
III. 7 years 9 years
IV 8 years. 10 years
V 9 years. 11 years
VI 10 years. 12 years
VII. 11 years. 13 years
VIII 12 years 14 years
IX 13 years. 15 years
X 14 years 16 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?