25th August 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Age requirement for admission in Nursery

My Son DOB 24-03-15 please I want admission in Nursery but here School told us minimum age required in Nursery is 2.5. He pressure me for admission for playgroup (play house)
But I read standard 1 CBSE ruled is min 5 years. So, if my son joined play group will complete age is 5.
Nursery-4
JKG-5
SKG-6
And when his admission standard 1 his age is as per (30th June) 6 years and 3 months. So, questions is why 6 years and 3 months. Can I right now join Nursery.

25th August 2017, 09:00 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Age requirement for admission in Nursery

According to CBSE age criteria for admission to class 1, candidate should have completed a minimum age of 5 years and 6 months as on 31st March.
Age limit for admission in nursery is 2 years and 6 months to 3 years and 6 months.
Age limit for admission in LKG/JKG is 3 years and 6 months to 4 years and 6 months.
And age limit for admission in UKG/SKG is 4 years and 6 months to 5 years and 6 months.
Since you son date of birth is 24/03/15, now he is eligible for admission in nursery as he have achieved 2 more than 2 years and 6 months of age.
According to CBSE age criteria for admission to class 1, candidate should have completed a minimum age of 5 years and 6 months as on 31st March.
25th August 2017, 11:34 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age requirement for admission in Nursery:-

The minimum age to get admission in nursery is that the candidate should attain a minimum age of 3 years and as your son has not yet attained the age, therefore he is not eligible for it.
25th August 2017, 11:59 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria Required for getting Admission in Nursery:

There is a certain age criteria that is required for getting admission into Nursery course.

>> Some of the schools ask candidates to have minimum 2.5 years for getting admission into Nursery.

>> Some of the schools demand candidates to have minimum 3 years for admission into Nursery.

>> As your son's did not meet the required criteria for nursery admission, I suggest you to wait till he reaches 3 years, then you may join him in Nursery course.

>> He may pursue studies accordingly,
Nursery - at 3 years
LKG - 4 years
UKG - 5 years
1st - 5.5 to 6 years
25th August 2017, 12:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age limit for nursery admission is 3 years and for taking admission in 1st standard is 6 years. The minimum age limit is to take admission as decided to reduce the burden of education on students. This minimum age limit has been implemented by education department.
25th August 2017, 12:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My Son DOB 24-03-15 please I want admission in Nursery but here School told us minimum age required in Nursery is 2.5. He pressure me for admission for playgroup (play house)
But I read standard 1 CBSE ruled is min 5 years. So, if my son joined play group will complete age is 5.
Nursery-4
JKG-5
SKG-6
And when his admission standard 1 his age is as per (30th June) 6 years and 3 months. So, questions is why 6 years and 3 months. Can I right now join Nursery.

In some states like Maharashtra the minimum age requirement for admission in the Nursery is above three years and five years and four months for Class I admission. The above age restriction is applicable to all schools in Maharashtra. In some other states, children in the age group of two years and six months are admitted to the nursery and children with at least five years of age are admitted to the first standard. Therefore, for a nursery admission, children with two years and six months to three years are admitted.
25th August 2017, 04:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

According to the Government of Education a new age criteria is fixed for the admission of the aspirants in the respective classes.
Aspirants seeking admission in Nursery must have completed an age of 3 years old or above.
For admission in KG, aspirants must posses above 4 years of age and for class I, they must posses above 5 years of age.
25th August 2017, 05:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You should try at different school, if they are giving admission. As per rules, admission in nursery if available for 3 years child. No school can deny admission, if age is according to eligibility.

Hence, try for admission at different schools and see what happens. Playschools is for children below 3 years of age.
25th August 2017, 06:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to take admission in Nursery:

A candidate must have completed the minimum age of 3 years in order to take admission in any school of India in a nursery class.
But some of the schools have their own eligibility criteria so you can contact the school for more detail.
25th August 2017, 07:01 PM
Thexpert
Banned

Your ward must be 2 years and 6 months of age as on 31st of march, so as to get admission in nursery class.
After attending the age of 2 years and 6 months of age, you ward can take admission to nursery class.
Age criteria for class 1 is 5 years and 6 months as on 31st march according to CBSE rule.
31st August 2017, 11:46 PM
cataleya11

The age criteria depend on the board and on the state the school is situated. CBSE board has not prescribed any minimum age limitation but ask to satisfy the age requirement set by the state government. For most of the State/UT the age requirement for class 1 is 5 years. Thus if your child satisfies this age limitation he/she is eligible to get admission.

It will be helpful if you go through the age requirement as stated by the education department of the state.
4th January 2019, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

I live in Surat, Gujarat.My daughter DOB is 9 Dec 2016 .Here we have first Nursery then LKG then UKG and then standard 1. Can she get admission for Nursury for academic year 2019-2020?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?