11th July 2022, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for AFMC through NEET or not being 23 years old?

I have completed my graduation in 2021 in BCA course.
My subjects in Intermediate examinations were PCB and currently I am preparing for NEET 2022. My age is 22years and I will be 23 years old in April,2022. I want to know whether I am eligible to apply in AFMC for year 2022 or not.
Please let me know about my eligibility as soon as possible.

12th July 2022, 08:52 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AFMC through NEET or not being 23 years old?

You shall have to score minimum 60% marks in the science subject subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). Also, you must have to score minimum 50 marks in English subject.

For age eligibility you shall note that the minimum age required is 17 years as on 31 December which your are already attained. But the maximum age is 22 years which you have crossed, hence you are not eligible for AMFC.

Note: The upper age is 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B. Sc. examinations.
12th July 2022, 12:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AFMC through NEET or not being 23 years old?

For admission in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) at AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) applicants must have attained the age of 17 years on 31st December of the year of application, but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date(Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations).

So, being 23 years old and not being a B.Sc. graduate you are not eligible for admissions in MBBS degree at AFMC but you can appear in the NEET UG as there is no upper age limit for appearing in the same examination.

For complete details regarding AFMC MBBS admissions, you can refer to the link https://afmc.nic.in/Courses/MBBScour...examinations)..
12th July 2022, 09:11 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for AFMC exam:-

Educational qualification:- Candidates must have qualified NEET entrance examination.
Age Limit:- Candidate must be of 17 years of age by December 31, 2022 to apply for AFMC MBBS admission 2022. Also, the maximum age limit is 24 years.
14th July 2022, 01:22 AM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

To get eligible for the AFMC exam, the candidate must be at least 17 years old on December 31st of the application year, but may not be older than 24 years old.

You can apply for the exam if you match the aforementioned age*qualifying requirements.
14th July 2022, 09:36 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to apply for AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum score of 50% marks from a recognized board. The admission process is done on merit based followed by the NEET UG entrance examination score. The minimum age limit of the candidate should be 17 years as of 31st December of the year and the upper age limit is 25 years.

I am also giving you the AFMC website link for your reference that is https://afmc.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?