4th June 2017, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET, having overall percentage of 61% mark?

Dear Sir, I got physics 40, chemistry 35, and biology 70. Sir, I am SC cast student. Total overall percentage is 61%. Am I eligible for NEET medical exam?

4th June 2017, 09:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET, having overall percentage of 61% mark?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination having overall percentage of 61% marks in your 12th standard. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and have passed English as a subject in the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in NEET examination. Since, you have secured overall percentage of 61% aggregate marks in your 12th standard from a recognised board, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.
4th June 2017, 11:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to appear in NEET entrance exam that is a medical entrance exam. As per the minimum eligibility criteria candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved category students.
As you are saying that your overall percentage is 61 so you are eligible to appear in this entrance exam.
4th June 2017, 11:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I got physics 40, chemistry 35, and biology 70. Sir, I am SC cast student. Total overall percentage is 61%. Am I eligible for NEET medical exam?
As per your Chemistry subject marks, you are not eligible for NEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
4th June 2017, 11:26 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test, and to appear for this examination you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your 12th standard with minimum 50% marks in PCB group from a recognized board.

> Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years and for reserved category candidates the age limit is relaxed upto 30 years.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

Yes, being a SC caste candidate you are eligible to appear for NEET examination. As it requires only 40% marks for a SC candidate.
4th June 2017, 11:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEET Examination with the above mentioned percentage criteria. Here is the basic minimum percentage criteria that is required.

>> You must have successfully passed the concerned subjects "Individually" from a recognized university

Physics - Individual pass is required
Chemistry - Individual pass is required
Biology - Individual pass is required

>> As you belong to SC category, overall aggregate of 40% marks are required. As your overall percentage is 61% marks, I am sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this NEET Examination.
5th June 2017, 12:43 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible for NEET entrance examination, as being a SC cast student you have scored 48% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined, and required eligibility percentage for a SC cast student is 40%. Hence you are eligible and can apply for NEET exam.
5th June 2017, 10:52 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is a National level medical entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for offering admissions​ in MBBS/ BDS courses in government and private medical and dental colleges in India except in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.

Candidates who have secured at least 50 aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology subjects and those who have passed English as a subject in the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in NEET examination. Since, you have secured overall percentage of 61% marks in your 12th standard from a Government recognized board, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.
5th June 2017, 11:10 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in NEET exam:

- Aspirants must have completed 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved students.

- As you have scored overall percentage of 61 so you are eligible to appear in this medical test.
5th June 2017, 02:22 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Minimum percentage required in intermediate for NEET exam is 50% in aggregate. For SC/ST candidates it's 40%. As you mentioned above that you have scored 61% in aggregate so you are eligible for NEET exam. Thanks
6th June 2017, 12:29 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that you are definitely eligible for NEET examination after scoring 61% of marks in class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate can apply for NEET examination. Candidates must have to qualify in the English subject in class 12th to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?