21st January 2019, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BTech if secure less than 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam?

Hello friends, I am preparing for the Board exam of 12th standard with WBCHSE Board. Suppose, if I secure less than 50% marks in the Board exam then I am eligible to study BTech course? Please tell me about this.

26th January 2019, 05:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BTech if secure less than 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam?

Most of the engineering entrance exams ask for 50% minimum in PCM stream. Hence, it will be very difficult to get admission with lesser marks, if you belong to general or OBC category.

Only in case of SC/ST and PWD, there is relaxation of 5% marks and you just need 45% to apply for B.Tech admission.
26th January 2019, 07:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BTech if secure less than 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Tech course even if you have secured less than 50% marks in your 12th standard from WBCHSE Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech course. Admissions to B.Tech course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective state/ college/ university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?