3rd June 2020, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Being average in studies will affect in becoming a Software Engineer for a 9th student?

Hello Sir, I am studying in 9th standard and I am average in studies. I am a student of BSEH Board and I would like to know that being an average in studies will affect my career? I want to become a Software Engineer. So, does it affect?

4th June 2020, 09:59 AM
Rohan221994

Default Re: Being average in studies will affect in becoming a Software Engineer for a 9th student?

Software Engineering requires Engineering in IT. You must have been familiar by now of the level of Engineering. If you are not sure as to how to cope up with extensive study, do graduation of B.Sc. and in the meantime, study programming languages. Start preparing for programming languages as early as possible.
You can start with C++ and Java. Do certification courses from Squad or Seed Infotech for various programming languages. Or, join RST Forum which I know personally for DevOps or CCNA or Linux etc.
These have good demand in industry.
IT Technology today has become disruptive. Means newer and newer technologies come up and replace the previous ones and thus previous technologies and hence their knowledge becomes obsolete. Thus keep updating your knowledge.
Machine Learning will be in great demand in coming times so do a certification in that. Try free course from coursera.com or a better option of doing it from a reputed institute.
4th June 2020, 08:16 PM
kanagulamahesh

Default Re: Being average in studies will affect in becoming a Software Engineer for a 9th student?

What should a student of class 9 do for becoming a software engineer?
Earn an M.Tech degree without taking a career break.
I am really happy that you know what you want to do at such a young age.

Firstly I will say do what is there in your curriculum. Study the subjects and by heart. Understand the concepts. By subjects I mean maths physics chemistry and all these. The reason why I am saying is if you do not get a good marks in class 9 and class 10 probably you won't get science in class 11, then it would be difficult. Again in class 11 and 12, if you cannot get good marks you won't get into a good college. So marks matter, inorder to persue your dream this is important.

One more thing, class 10 marks and class 12 marks do matter a lot so take them seriously.

Now, the typical answer to your question is learn data structure and algorithm bla bla bla, I am sure you heard these. What I will say is whatever language is taught in your school learn that. Don't worry about optimizing at this level. Design brute Force solutions. Just think of getting the job done, no need to get a good time complexity ( the time required to run the program in case of a large input
5th June 2020, 02:02 PM
Perry25

Although, if one has reasonably good reasoning and logical abilities with basic mathematics knowledge, then one can easily learn to code through various online resources that are available online. Acquiring a degree from a university is not a necessity to start one's own startup.
However, acquiring a basic degree in the field of computer science will lay a strong foundation of principles of coding and software development for you which you can then imbibe to later on develop really optimised and good quality softwares.
Being average in studies is no hindrance in pursuing your dreams to be a software developer as long as you are a keen learner, a hard and patient worker and have the quest to learn new things.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?