3rd June 2015, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Which is better to choose among Science and Commerce in 9th ICSE if strong in Chemistry and weak in Mathematics?

Hello,
My child is currently studying for ICSE 7th standard in Billabong High International School, Mumbai. He is good at Social Science and Chemistry but not good at scoring in Mathematics. I want to know what are my possible career options to select at standard 9th ICSE among Commerce and Science?

10th June 2015, 07:21 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to choose among Science and Commerce in 9th ICSE if strong in Chemistry and weak in Mathematics?

If your son is weak at Mathematics and good at Chemistry, he can choose Medical Science stream or Commerce stream. In Non-Medical Science stream, there is no Mathematics subject. The Non-Medical Science stream mainly concentrates on Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. So, your son can opt for Non-Medical Science stream. Since, he is good at Social Science and Chemistry.
10th June 2015, 03:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to choose among Science and Commerce in 9th ICSE if strong in Chemistry and weak in Mathematics?

You can select either of the two depending upon your interest.

However, if you are very much interested in studying further with science background then I would suggest you to try and improve your Mathematics as it is very important subject, and however, if you are not interested in Mathematics, you can probably quit science and go for Commerce or Arts stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?