12th December 2020, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in the NDA exam being a 23 years old 12th Science student?

Hi Sir, now I am 23 years old and studying in 12th standard. I am interested in joining NDA. I want to know if I can appear in this exam as I am 23 years old right now?

14th December 2020, 01:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in the NDA exam being a 23 years old 12th Science student?

--- NO, you cannot appear in the NDA exam being a 23 years old 12th Science student because age should be between 16.5 years and 19.5 years.
The date of birth mentioned in the application must be the same as that entered in the Matriculation Higher secondary school leaving certificate.

--- There is no relaxation in upper age limit to reserved category students.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE---
http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th December 2020, 05:02 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in the NDA exam being a 23 years old 12th Science student?

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA exam.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:-

Educational qualification:-
The candidate must have passed 12th Board education from any State Board and Central Board recognised School or College.

Open schooling / distance schooling Plus two students are also eligible to appear in NDA exam. But you must note that the plus two education system should be of two years and your open school / board must recognize by concern authorities/ education board.

For airforce and Navy wings the students must have since with physics and maths as mandatory subjects in 12th.

To apply for army wing any Science, Arts and Commerce students are eligible.

Age limit:-

The age of the candidate must be between 16.5 years and 19 years.

Citizenship:-

Candidate must be a citizen of India

A subject of Nepal

A subject of Bhutan.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Married candidates and female candidates are ineligible to apply for NDA exam.
14th December 2020, 09:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The age limit to appear in examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination as you have crossed the upper age limit. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2020, 09:42 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

No, You can't appear in the NDA exam being a 23 years old 12th Science student.

Candidate age should be in between 16.5 - 19.5 years to be eligible for this exam.
15th December 2020, 01:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. Examination is conducted by UPSC.

Upper age limit to appear in examination is 19.5 years.

As your present age is 23 years you are not eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2020, 06:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you have passed the upper age limit criteria to appear in the examination. To get more information about the examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th December 2020, 06:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the upper age limit for appearing in the NDA examination is 19.5 years for all candidates.

So, being 23 years old, you are not eligible for appearing in NDA examination and therefore to join NDA.
5th May 2022, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Why can't someone of 23 and 24 years old apply for NDA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?