4th February 2015, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Karnataka CET as a Local candidate if studied 4 years in Singapore?

Sir,
I have stuided in Bangalore from Nursery to mid of 4th Standard in Ryan International School (ICSE) and then moved to Singapore and spend 4 years. Then we came back to Bangalore and joined Gopalan National School for 7th Standard. Currently I am in 10th Standard (ICSE) in the same school. So pl let me know if I am eligible to write Karnataka CET in local quota (planning to join and complete 11th and 12th Standard in Karantaka)? I have also heard that I will be considered as Local only when if I am in Karnataka continuosly for 7 years (without any breaks) by 10th Standard? Pl kindly confir. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Is a candidate passed 10th from Singapore and doing 11th from Karnataka, eligible to appear for CET?
  2. Am i eligible to apply for Karnataka CET if my mother studied for 15 years in Karnataka?
  3. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka
  4. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka-CET being a domicile of Goa?
  5. Eligibility for other state students to attend the CET exam of Karnataka? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for CET exam in Karnataka? I've studied 10th std in Assam and studied only 1st and 2nd PU in Karnataka
  7. Am I eligible for KCET exam if I studied upto 10th in Karnataka?
  8. What's the CET eligibility criteria for a non Karnataka candidate who have completed 10th std(ICSE) in AP?
  9. Can I apply for KCET after scoring 99% in 5th semester and 6th semester? Is it possible to apply for KCET in Karnataka?
  10. Can I avail benefit of local candidate of Osmania university area? I've studied 3 years in Andhra Pradesh and 2 years is Maximum period in Secunderabad
  11. Is a candidate who studied up to 6th std in Karnataka and currently studying 9th std in Madhya Pradesh, eligible to take Karnataka CET? Will he get his domicile of Karnataka?
  12. Am I a local candidate of Osmania university area? I've studied 6th and 7th from central school Chennai, 10th from Secunderabad and intermediate 1st year in Vizag
  13. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 12th from karnataka and my parents belong to karnataka
  14. How to apply for CET Karnataka and what documents are required for the same?
  15. Am I eligible to write Karnataka, CET? I studied up to 10th Standard,outside India (CBSE) and I am studying in 12th from Karnataka. My parents belong to Karnataka
  16. Eligibility to pursue Karnataka CET for a student of Haryana?
  17. Eligibility to appear in Diploma CET for a candidate who belongs to Karnataka and studied in AP?
  18. Will I be eligible for CET in Karnataka under government quota?
10th February 2015, 03:00 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET as a Local candidate if studied 4 years in Singapore?

Eligibility Criteria for Applying KCET Entrance Exam

* To eligible for KCET, you need to have studied in Karnataka for minimum of seven years between your 1st grade till your 12th grade.

* Candidate must have completed XII class with maths and physics as a compulsory subjects.

Yes, you can apply for KCET only if you complete your 11th and 12th in Karnataka. You have completed your 6 years of education in Karnataka. if you complete your 11th and 12th in Karnataka, then you will complete your 8 years of education in Karnataka. so you can apply for KCET.
21st February 2015, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET as a Local candidate if studied 4 years in Singapore?

sir, m from Arunachal pradesh and i studied my tenth at A.P and 1st & 2nd puc at karnataka state...can i write kcet 2015..
14th June 2015, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

my son studying from 6th class in CBSE and he is going to study PUC also in karnataka.then is he treated as a local candidate
3rd June 2018, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I studied my 1st and 2nd class in Karnataka and moved to another state and then I returned to Karnataka for 9th class and I'm presently in 12th am I eligible for kcet
14th February 2019, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

My son studied in Bangalore from 9th class to 12th class. Currently he is in 12th class. Is he eligible for kcet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?