11th June 2017, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MBBS, if I was arts student in 12th?

Hi. I have completed my MSc nursing in medical and surgical. Can I apply for MBBS, but I was arts student. First I did GNM, post basic BSc then MSc nursing.

11th June 2017, 10:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MBBS, if I was arts student in 12th?

No, you are not eligible to apply for admission for pursuing MBBS course, if you have passed your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing MBBS course, you should have passed your 12th standard with PCB stream from a recognised board and you need to qualify medical entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, etc., to get admission for pursuing MBBS course.
12th June 2017, 12:35 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for MBBS degree course because to pursue this course a candidate must have completed 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.
As you have passed your 12th standard with Arts stream so you are not eligible to apply.
12th June 2017, 01:33 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for MBBS courser after the class 12th with Arts stream.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th with Science stream studying Physics Chemistry and Biology from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for MBBS course after qualifying in the entrance examination.
12th June 2017, 02:13 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you can't apply for MBBS as because you have completed your 12th standard with Arts and to apply for MBBS, a candidate must have complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
12th June 2017, 12:54 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Those who have completed his/her 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology as a compulsory subject and have scored a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board of education are eligible to pursue MBBS course, but before that the candidate have to appear for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam after passing it the candidates are eligible to get admission in the college/institute/university to pursue MBBS.
You have completed your higher secondary with the arts stream so you are not eligible. Those candidates who will appear for the NEET exam must have the age of 25 years as on 31st December of the year. The relaxation of upper age is also available to those candidates who belong to the reserved category (05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC/PH).
12th June 2017, 03:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. I have completed my MSc nursing in medical and surgical. Can I apply for MBBS, but I was arts student. First I did GNM, post basic BSc then MSc nursing.

Sorry, you are not eligible for MBBS after completion of the 12th with arts stream. MBBS admission in India is done through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by CBSE. Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English with at least 50% marks are only eligible for NEET. The candidate’s upper age limit is 25 years for general category and 30 years for reserved category. Therefore, you are not eligible to apply for NEET with arts subjects in 10+2.
12th June 2017, 08:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue MBBS course. MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year duration course.

The required minimum eligibility to appear for NEET ( to get admission in MBBS course ) is candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper and have scored at least 50%.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
12th June 2017, 09:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery to get admission in course candidates have to appear and qualify in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test condcuted by CBSE, other option is to qualify in AIIMS MBBS examination.

To appear for these examination the basic required educational qualification is candidate must have passed 12th with Biology stream ( PCB ).

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination after 12th with arts stream.
12th June 2017, 10:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in NEET examination the required eligibility criteria is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

Since, you have passed your 12th in Arts stream you are not eligible to appear for NEET examination and so not eligible for pursuing MBBS course.
25th June 2017, 01:33 PM
Vaishali@1998

Hlo
You cannot apply for MBBS if you are student of arts in 12 class. Because of arts students you are not under eligibility criteria. To do MBBS student must pass 12 with biology, physics and chemistry from a recognised board. This is eligibility criteria and student who does not comes under eligibility criteria cannot apply for MBBS. So sorry you can't apply.
25th July 2017, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 12th pass arts student and now I reading D.optm from an govt university affiliated college ..my query is after completing d.optm can I eligible for study mbbs or not ?
26th July 2017, 11:36 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You , are not eligible for MBBS. For taking admission in MBBS a candidate needs to apply for NEET exam.
A candidate must be 12th passed with physics, chemistry and biology as the main subjects in class 12th.
A candidate must have minimum 50% marks in English.
So, as per the criteria you are not eligible for NEET exam.
25th May 2018, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi, currently I am doing my graduation in the Arts stream but I was a Science student in 12th class. So, can I appear for Neet after my Graduation ? ** [ I am an arts student now]

Kindly help me please.
5th June 2018, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

It is very unfortunate on the part of NEETAuthority that a Arts student are not eligible for NEET Exam. Though my daughter is a BA student, she did qualify in General Science with physics, chemistry &biology and reasoning and English except arithmetics for an officer recruitment of BSF. Now she doing exceptionally well in science subjects except arithmethic.NEET authority should permit for these exceptionally bright student to appear for NEET exam who picked up science later I.e.after HS(ARTS). AMITABHA MUKHOPADHYAY.PS.GOVT OF WB.
10th November 2020, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Can an arts student apply othopedic course?
7th July 2021, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Can we take join medical after taking B.A but our matrix passed bio
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?